We require Administrative Officers to support customers claiming under the various Government schemes designed to help provide financial support through the Covid 19 pandemic.
As part of a team, you will carry out a range of administrative functions to process enhanced identity checks to verify our customers. You will organise your work in order to meet the schemes' delivery targets and work towards agreed customer service targets for both quality and productivity.
You will need to be self-motivated, flexible and prepared to work across a range of duties as you support the nation in this critical time. The role is not office-based and you will be expected to work from home and provide assurances about the suitability and security of that environment.
What will I be doing?
- Act as a primary point of contact for customers, using telephone and emails
- Gather and use information from HMRC Data systems to inform decisions
- Make outbound calls to customers to check details and request information
- Input of information to HMRC systems, ensuring details are entered correctly and promptly
- Resolve issues/queries or escalate to a line manager as necessary
(This list is not exhaustive, and you may be required to do other duties when required)
What are we looking for?
- Competent IT skills with evidence of being experienced in using Microsoft Office Suite (especially Outlook, Teams and SharePoint) - training will not be provided in these areas
- Competent in using and extracting information from one or more data bases - training will be provided on how to use HMRC data systems.
- The ability to resolve problems with customers and address issues by phone and via information gathering
- Good communication skills,
- fluent English verbally and in writing
- ability to listen and speak to people from diverse areas and backgrounds
- a flexible approach and a positive attitude
- Ability to handle both enjoyable and challenging conversations whilst protecting customer confidentiality
- Ability to provide information quickly and clearly
- Ability to work well across several different teams and build supportive relationships
- Competence in using varied IT software and data bases
- Telephony Work
The role is 37 hours a week: Monday to Friday; 0800 to 1600hrs, 0900 to 1700, or 1000 to 1800hrs
Pay rate is £8.95 per hour
Initially the role will be working from home in line with government guidelines, but you will need to be willing to undertake infrequent travel to the office. If during the course of the assignment, the government guidelines permit, then it may be required for the you to be prepared to attend one of those offices on a more regular basis.