Brook Street Recruitment is working with our client in Antrim to recruit a Courier Customer Service Assistant
* Pro-actively engage in all aspects of customer services - track & trace,
generate delivery labels, customer quotations, etc
* Liaise with customers ensuring that customer requests and queries are met and dealt with efficiently and effectively
* Liaise with suppliers and service providers to ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded
* Liaise with sales team to ensure that customer relations are maintained to the highest standard
* Ensure that all business opportunities are developed
* Maintain all relevant records on the company's costing system, ensuring profit margins are maintained and accurately reported and ensuring that customers are invoiced in a timely and accurate manner
* Provision of quotations for the shipment of goods
* Liaise with company finance department ensuring all sales and costing queries are dealt with in an efficient and effective manner.~
* Ensure good filing and housekeeping of all associated paperwork.
* Carry out projects related to departmental responsibilities as and when directed by the departmental head.
* Maintaining and updating of customer monitor sheets and web based tracking systems.
* Any other duties which can reasonably be required of the post holder in order to meet operational requirements.
* Experience of using the internet to track and trace shipments
* Numeracy skills to include experience of costing and invoicing customer files
* Effective communication skills
* Experience of arranging delivery of shipments
* Experience in the use of Microsoft Office, internet and e-mail
* Be able to demonstrate good time management skills
* Ability to work unsupervised and also be a team player
* Ability to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines
* At least six months six month's experience in working in a customer focused environment, preferably in the freight forwarding/courier industry
* Practical experience of job costing systems
* Experience and understanding of freight tariffs
* Willingness and ability to learn new tasks and procedures quickly
* Good standard of written/spoken English and numeracy skills
* Friendly and approachable telephone manner
* Ability to use initiative and take responsibility for completing tasks
Hours of work are Monday to Friday - 9.00am to 17.00pm - Salary £20,000 per annum