We are Domestic & General. We're a proud partner to leading manufacturer and retail brands worldwide, taking the worry out of appliance breakdowns for almost 9 million customers in the UK.
We're looking for skilled customer support professionals dedicated to putting customers at the heart of what we do. We have a five-year plan to transform the way we work, serve our customers and take care of our colleagues - and you can help make it happen. So, what's happening?
- In November 2018 we started work on a £1.4m Office Refurbishment in Brighton, which we completed in early 2019, giving all our employees a truly world class office to work in
- We've launched a brand-new Agent Progression Programme which shows our commitment to helping all our call centre agents develop and progress their careers. Agents can move up through the levels from day one and will be rewarded with more senior job titles, more time off the phone for development and a huge £1,150 in rewards (in addition to the regular bonuses)
- We've also launched Exchange, which is a forum for employees and senior managers to regularly meet and discuss issues that affect us all. It will give colleagues a place where they can openly share their views
About the role
We're a proud partner to leading manufacturer and retail brands worldwide, taking the worry out of appliance breakdowns for almost 9 million customers in the UK.
As a Customer Support Representative for our Resolutions department, you'll be the first point of contact for customers with warranty-related complaints. As a business who is striving towards providing first time resolution for our customers, we want to ensure that their concerns are appropriately handled every time. Your main objective when you engage with our customers will be to understand, address and resolve the complaint by the end of every call.
Working in a team of up to 15 Customer Support Representatives in our Resolutions department, you'll enjoy a vibrant workplace in a fantastic city centre location.
A skilled customer service professional, you'll thrive on beating targets - but you'll always make sure that the customer's interests come first. You understand the customer's perspective and have a natural ability to build a strong rapport.
The most successful Customer Support Representatives champion the customer voice and pride themselves on customer satisfaction. They enjoy healthy competition and achieving excellent service.
Our Customer Support Representatives will have:
- An understanding of working in a regulated environment and preferably in a resolution or complaints support role
- A passion to deliver a first-class customer service
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced, targeted environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Great team spirit!
Working for us works for you
- £19,800 starting salary
- A pay increase after six months rising to £21,900
- Bonus earning potential of up to £2,295 per annum
- 33 days' annual leave (bank holidays are classed as normal working days) with an annual option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Cycle to Work scheme - up to £1,000 worth of bike and accessories with an option to purchase the bike at a lower cost
- Salary Finance - a dedicated online portal offering lending and saving facilities, financial wellbeing and support services
- Health Cash Plan - claim money back towards essential healthcare, including a virtual GP service)
- Regular incentives with amazing prizes to be won
- Free Wi-Fi, hot drinks and fresh fruit
- Generously discounted Sky TV and broadband packages
- Pension scheme & free life assurance
- Comprehensive in-house training with clearly defined career progression opportunities
- Complimentary Domestic & General protection plan and discount further products
- Great employee discounts at local shops, gyms and restaurants
Shift patterns will be variable and based on a 37.5 hour contract, which the Recruitment team will be happy to discuss with you should you be shortlisted for telephone interview.
Interviews are available immediately, with start dates in August and September. Interested? You might be just who we're looking for. Apply here today.
Domestic & General is an equal opportunities employer, which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.
Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.
Domestic & General work in trusted partnership and are supported by Brook Street (UK) Limited with the recruitment process for our contact centre agents. Information collected from you in relation to your application, will be accessed by Brook Street under a strict duty of confidentiality and Brook Street will be in direct contact with you in relation to any application made.