Customer Services Adviser
£19k to £22k depending on experience
Brook Street South Coast are pleased to be working with a highly successful financial services company who offer affordable consumer finance. Based in central Southampton, a stones throw from Southampton Central train station, our client offers an excellent working environment; a positive and friendly team and a real opportunity for career progression.
This company are going through a really exciting period of business growth and have a great reputation for providing an exceptional service which is proven by their 4.9 out of 5 score on Trust Pilot from over 25,000 happy customers. This is the high level they operate at and reflects their core values of being professional, ethical and transparent.
About the role
In this business, the Customer Support Agents do not make any 'cold calls' or sales calls and therefore in this role your primary activity will be to engage with customers who are actively seeking to progress their online loan applications.
Other key activities include:
- Maintaining and developing your knowledge of the product to allow you to answer customer queries
- Striving for a high level of quality across all forms of correspondence
- Engaging in communication with third party brokers, as well as our internal underwriting and collections teams to ensure the best possible customer outcomes
- Alerting your Team Leader of any irregularity or problem
The hours will be 37.5 per week, working a shift pattern between 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. We are also open to part-time applications.
Who's right for the job?
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, clear, confident and professional telephone manner, strong objection handling skills and the ability to excel under pressure.
As a key member of a dynamic team, the successful candidate will likely have a background in customer service, ideally with phone based experience in a fast paced target driven environment.
Experience of working under treating customers fairly or data protection guidelines or from an FCA regulated or financial services industry role will be an advantage for this role.
Skills crucial to success in this role:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deal with customer enquiries efficiently and effectively
- Strong negotiation and objection handling skills
- A confident, self-motivated individual with strong business and organisational skills
- Ability to excel under pressure and when working to tight deadlines, yet capable of demonstrating initiative, producing results and making sound decisions
- Ambition to progress and enthusiasm for learning and development
- Unquestionable integrity
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office, and quick to learn new software systems.
What's in it for you?
If you're successful you will join an award-winning company with a great reputation and an excellent working environment. They have friendly staff, opportunities to progress and supporting management. Incentivised and not pressurised to succeed, you will be looked after by this company. In return for your hard work our client offers a competitive salary of between £19,000 - £22,000 year, depending on experience.
The culture is a friendly one, relaxed but professional, and encourages individual and team achievement and career progression.
In addition, you will receive:
- Hybrid working (2-3 days in office/2-3 days from home) if desired following completion of probation.
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays (rising by one day after each year completed up to 25days)
- Company bonus
- Pension scheme with employer contributions rising to 5% after one year of service
- Access to Perkbox on successful completion of probation.
- Life cover (4x Basic salary)
Let's get started!
This role is available for a start as soon as possible and interviews will be arranged as soon as possible. Generally, this will involve an initial phone call followed by a face to face interview if successful.
For more information or a detailed job specification, please contact Ben at Brook Street South Coast or apply now to send your CV