A leading freight forwarding company is seeking an experience Customs Operations Clerk to provide an excellent customer service experience for our customers mainly handling Customs clearances required for Brexit and invoicing as well as arranging shipment/deliveries and any other functions as required.
The ideal candidate will have-
Thorough understanding of Customs requirements
Knowledge in of the international transportation and logistics industry, in Export, Air, Sea ,Road and Import operations.
- Good knowledge of customs formalities & legislation
- Good knowledge of customs tariff
- Good knowledge of IT systems and processes used within customs clearance
- Good knowledge of the international transportation and logistics industry
- Knowledge of logistic processes
- Follow strict and time sensitive SOP's/KPI's to ensure compliance
- Work closely with internal and external customers
- Focus on customer service
- Use of Next Gen/MS office as requested
- Ensure invoicing, job costing, CIA, Netting and milestone are updated within the required time-frame
- Month end department compliance
- Cost control
- Assist branch forwarders, Supervisors and line manager where required
- Ensure all reports including internal and customer specific are completed within the deadline
- Resolve queries from customers and suppliers
- Ensure Best Practice models are adopted
- Remain in contact with customers and suppliers to maintain relationships
- To take part in customer reviews when required to build up visibility and relationships with customers.
- Assist sales and management with customer development
- Maintain clean desk policy
- Operate within companies QA system
- Any other tasks as directed by their Supervisor or line manager.
Please apply today by sending your cv - this role will involve shift work, basic salary is £27k plus £2k shift allowance and excellent benefits and career opportunities.