Business and Operational Delivery Administrator (Band 4) x24 Positions available
Working from Home Role
About this role
Key deliverables will include:
- Maintaining and improving the quality of demographic data on the Personal Demographics Service (PDS) - the PDS is the national, authoritative source of patient demographics data for the whole of the NHS.
- Investigating and resolving complex PDS data quality incidents and service requests reported by NHS-wide organisations. For example, where one patient is identified as having two or more NHS numbers, or where two or more patients are identified as sharing one NHS number.
- Managing NHS numbers and medical records.
- Responding to tracing requests from NHS and non-NHS organisations.
In this role you will:
- Pay paramount importance to accuracy to ensure patients can be readily identified by healthcare professionals and associated quickly and accurately with their correct medical details.
- Have excellent customer service skills and a keen eye for detail in an environment that is committed to the proper governance and secure use of patient data.
- Communicate with a wide range of NHS and non-NHS customers on a day-to-day basis. All business processes require email and/or telephone communication to achieve business objectives and to inform/update customers of the resolution of reported data quality incidents, service requests and trace requests.
- Manage and prioritise your own workload in line with agreed service levels. This may involve re-prioritising the order in which processing is completed and incorporating ad-hoc tasks as requested by supervisors, line managers or senior managers.
- Be able to multi-task.
- Undertake other regular activities in addition to day-to-day processing of data quality incidents, service requests and trace requests to support service delivery e.g., maintain group email accounts and maintain/update business related spreadsheets etc. required for recording/audit purposes,.
- Identify service improvements and feed these into the change management process.
- Engage with NBO managers on a day-to-day basis by responding to requests for information and carrying out ad-hoc tasks, in support of service improvements.
- Provide buddy support to new/less experienced staff to aid and improve understanding of business processes and procedures, data flows, systems, and software.
All activities involve handling personal and often sensitive data, and you will be required to ensure that operational activities operate in accordance with data protection legislation - General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA2018). Security clearance may be required.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply today with your most current CV