We are working with a Lloyds/London market Underwriters who are recruiting for a Data Engineer Scientist to join their Actuarial team
The main purpose of this role is to:
- Develop and demonstrate the value of data as an asset within the business.
- Assist the Actuarial Team in sourcing and manipulating data to produce timely analytics and insights within the business to support decision making.
Your main duties will be:
- Assisting the Actuarial Team to improve and enhance the quality of data used within the business, with the aim of improving the analysis and information available to make commercial decisions.
- Discover insights and identify opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualisation techniques and communicate the results to users.
- Work closely with a number of business areas including actuarial, exposure management, finance, underwriting, underwriting management, claims, operations, strategy and planning to improve operational processes for managing and reporting data.
- Source external data sets to help the business optimise existing and understand new business opportunities.
- Design and development of prototype business intelligence tools and reports according to business needs.
Assist with training and education of techniques of data mining, manipulation, analysis and presentation.
The essential skills and experience are:
- At least 2- 4 years experience data engineering within Insurance ( ideally Lloyds or London market)
- You will need the following programming capabilities
Advanced programming skills - Python or R, SQL, Tableau or Power BI, Excel.
- Numerate degree, preferably in Data Science/Engineering
- Experience in structuring and manipulating complex data as well as analysis and visualisation of data through the application of data science techniques.
You will also need to have strong verbal and written communication skills, be a self starter and work on your own initiative
Please apply today to find out more about this great opportunity