Job title: Data Entry Clerk
Contract type: Full-time, Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday (09:00 - 17:00)
Salary: Starting from £17,500 per annum
We are looking for a Data Entry Clerk to join one of our successful clients in their Hull City Centre office.
As a Data Entry Clerk, you will type information into the database from paper documents. The ideal candidate will be computer savvy and a fast typist with a keen eye for detail.
- Transfer data from paper formats into computer files or database systems using keyboards, data recorders or optical scanners. Processing approx. 130 to 180 job sheets a day.
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents.
- Update existing data.
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested.
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation.
- Sort and organise paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost.
- Fast typing skills
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.)
- Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices
- Basic understanding of databases
- Good command of English both oral and written and customer service skills
- Mathematical skills
- Great attention to detail