Brook Street is delighted to be recruiting on behalf of our client in Derry / Londonderry who are seeking a Data Migration Lead with experience in ETL (Extract, Transform, Load)
The candidate hired will be responsible for performing data migration activities on large scale, high complexity project across five European manufacturing locations.
Applicants will need to have experience with SSIS, T-SQL, PL/SQL or similar tools and technologies which are used to extract, transform, and load client legacy data into target application databases in accordance with requirements.
Must be able to work under strict project deadlines and is capable of handling heavy workloads while balancing multiple priorities.
Candidate is required to define high-level conversion scope, develop data conversion approaches, be adept at estimating work effort, in addition to the programming and documentation required.
* Conducts on site analysis of Client legacy systems and databases with the goal of participating in/producing the initial Data Mapping for the Extract process
* Working closely with client end users to find where data is stored in a database if client does not have intimate knowledge of database
* Define data integrity, business rules and cleansing requirements for the Transform process
Tests all conversion programs in succession to identify programmatic dependencies.
* Executes onsite conversion and migration tests to obtain program run times, derive database sizing estimates, and uncover software / hardware / environment constraints
* Creates data verification plans to be used following trial runs at the client site
* Participation in the development and preparation of documentation for procedural, program and user documentation
* Conducts data conversion and migration training and works with users to ensure successful system implementation
* Work with the project team(s) and any other associated business functions to efficiently troubleshoot problems pre/post planned go-live dates
* Support and lead the definition and implementation of Data Migration and Archiving Strategy.
* Bachelor's degree in a related technical field or equivalent work experience
* A thorough understanding and experience with the entire data migration process from analysis of legacy data, cleansing, validation, transformation business rules, conversions and subsequent load into target databases.
* 5+ years' experience in Data migration and conversions on application implementation projects
* 3+ years' experience with data migration for SAP implementations
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other productivity tools.
5+ years' experience with data manipulation using SSIS, T-SQL or similar ETL tools
Strong understanding of database concepts and manipulations using SQL Server and Oracle databases.
* Demonstrated strong analytical skills in identifying and resolving data exchange issues
Salary £45-50K - please send CV via the link