The Data Officer will be responsible for providing technical data and management information to support the provision of specialist energy advice to operational units to ensure that our energy portfolio minimises its financial and environmental impact.
The data officer will Support projects and work streams to improve performance and reliability of energy usage and data, enhance energy performance, and deliver best value from our energy portfolio
Quality of services delivered to customers will be a key deliverable for the Group Property Teams and made transparent to our Customers and Stakeholders.
Scope of the Role
- Act as a point of contact for customer and stakeholder; to develop, build and maintain a good working relationship and reputation as a reliable source of informed knowledge and experience and taking responsibility for owning and resolving issues .
- Gather, analyse and validate data to draft internal and external responses: Management Information (MI), KPIs. Performance reporting ( Dashboard); FOI (freedom of information); PQs (parliamentary questions); customer surveys (eg Partnership Index); KPI analysis, and Greening Government reporting
- Manage and verify portfolio data to support accurate recharging or for internal management (including ePIMs - property records)
- Manage and coordinate the collection of benchmarking data for each building to compare occupancy performance on all aspects on the estate and undertake trend analysis, comparing occupancy performance and challenging anomalies to ensure consistency.
- Provide contract management support and assurance activity in relation to third party suppliers and call-off contracts
- Develop and deliver 'Toolbox Awareness Training to share good practise and improve awareness across Network Estates teams.
- Authorising and responsible for ensuring agreed works orders are completed, verified and auditable, within defined financial processes
- Monitor sustainability initiatives and assist in planning, implementing and analysing statistics for reporting and to suggest options in order to drive efficiency improvements.
- Assist with, or be responsible for, researching, gathering and collating information to support business cases for projects (capital, revenue)
- As required, work with Project Manager(s) on implementation of the Property Plan and/or responsibility for delegated minor projects delivery
- Monitor the management of records and financial data to ensure team are working to defined processes and procedures
- Input into developing consistency of approach and contribute to Estates wide initiatives for delivery across the Network Estates Team, as appropriate
- Working with and within a team (a team player)
- Working within a facilities management or building services environment, with customer facing interaction -
- Knowledge of health & safety management relating to delivering a safe and compliant Estate (depending on role)
- Project management - coordinating and managing quality and budgets within set deadlines (desirable but not essential as training can be given)
- Managing and analysing data and carrying out research to identify trends and inform decisions
- Providing advice on procedures and processes and recommending improvements and alternative courses of action
- Effective communication skills with a broad range of colleagues and stakeholders (orally and in writing)
- Working on own initiative and prioritising workload to meet conflicting objectives
- Attention to detail
- Competent IT skills