If you like big data and want to apply your skills in data science to real problems with real customers, then we want you.
Thomson Reuters Labs is looking for an intern with a passion for data science to join a growing team of data scientists, user experience designers and software developers that has been driving transformation at the company. We are looking for data science interns excited to work at the forefront of data science innovation in collaboration with other specialists, applying state-of-the-art models to challenging business problems.
You'll join a fast-paced team doing cutting-edge work that behaves like a startup, but leverages the support and resources of a world-class enterprise.
At Thomson Reuters Labs:
- Interact with customers and internal business partners to understand their business challenges and develop hypotheses about AI solutions to real world problems in legal, regulatory, news and tax domains.
- Collaborate with dozens of data scientists, machine learning scientists and deep learning specialists - PhD's and Masters grads with experience in deep learning, machine learning, big data, statistics, natural language processing, probabilistic programming and data visualization - at Thomson Reuters Labs around the world to build AI systems that push the boundaries of what was previously considered possible.
- Take on projects with the goal of getting new products into market, building new data sets, and de-risking new customer opportunities in terms of technical viability, data viability, and customer demand.
- Some examples of our work includes ranking global energy leaders, evaluating free trade, using data to combat modern day slavery, forecasting global food supply, and analyzing the transition from gas to electric vehicles. We work with external partners such as Transparency International and the World Economic Forum to create insights and thought leadership that push the boundaries of current research.
- Work with a global team of Data Scientists in London and our sister-labs in Boston, Dallas, Zurich, and Waterloo.
We're looking for a passionate Data Scientist Intern with an innovative spirit to join our Lab in London. You are a good communicator: comfortable communicating complex technical concepts to various stakeholders, including peers, technical and non-technical colleagues and customers. You are capable of working within a team or independently, ready to take ownership for projects and work to time limits. You have demonstrable problem-solving skills while being inspired and curious.
You are capable of building data-driven insights that address complex current and future business problems. In this role, you will demonstrate the art of the possible and have significant and direct impact on our company's products.
- Education or experience in a data-heavy technical field, such as Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or other data-heavy discipline such as quantitative social science or Physics or Chemistry.
- Strong experience with scripting languages like Python or R
- Experience in one or more of:
- Information Retrieval
- Natural Language Processing
- Big Data Systems or Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Statistical Data Analysis
- Development skills to rapidly deliver minimum viable products
- Strong experience with data systems like DBMS, NoSQL, Elastic Search or graph databases
You might be familiar with Reuters News, which is one of the 5 biggest media companies in the world, but you might not know that Thomson Reuters is also one of the leading sources of information for 98% of North American legal firms and the vast majority of the fortune 100.
We have data. Lots and lots of data. Over 60,000 TBs worth of data. That's about 20,000 times more data than exists in Wikipedia.
Come play with us.