Position: Debt Management Officer
Location: Dudley DY5
Rate: £21,012 - £10.92 per hour
Contract type: Temporary
Immediate opportunities are available with our client, the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) who are looking for Debt Management Officers to work within Job Centres in Dudley, West Midlands. As a Debt Management Officer, you will be required to work within a DWP allocated office building managing the recovery of debt/loans by telephone and will often be the first point of contact. You'll be required to undertake inbound/outbound telephony duties, or processing tasks which will require you to use a variety of IT systems.
What you'll need to do:
- Manage the recovery and negotiate repayment of debt/loans with customers by telephone
- Deliver excellent customer service through handling a range of customer enquiries by telephone and correspondence
- Process work across the business whilst effectively and professionally handling enquiries from customers, internal and external organisations whilst ensuring compliance with processes and attention to detail
What we'll need from you:
- The ability to communicate well with a diverse range of people
- The ability to navigate a range of different computer systems
- The ability to professionally handle challenging situations with customers
- The ability to understand and translate complex information in order to give clear helpful explanations to customers
- Effective written and verbal communication to produce quality work in a targeted fast paced environment
- Customer focused with the ability to deal with customers compassionately whilst displaying a friendly and confident manner
- Good keyboard and telephony skills
- 23 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday (pro rata)
- Various shift patterns available (flexibility will be required)
- Opportunity to build on Customer Service skills and give back to your community, gaining public sector experience
Working hours Temporary, 37 hours per week with various shift patterns between 7:45am to 8pm Monday to Friday and working 1 Saturday in 4, 8.45am to 5pm.
Training Training for the role will be conducted on a full-time basis, all successful candidates will be expected to work up to full time for the duration of their training (12 weeks).
If you are interested, please don't hesitate to apply now and our team will be in touch.
Our client the DWP delivers services to over 20 million claimants and customers a year. The DWP is responsible for helping people move into employment, supporting pensioners and protecting some of the most vulnerable in our society. As an essential public service, they help people lift themselves out of poverty and to stay out of poverty, through work, saving and support.