We have an exciting Onsite Support opportunity for a Deskside Support Manager within the MOJ.
The team provides technical support, expertise and knowledge sharing tailored specifically to our customers remotely & onsite. Our personal, customer centric focus allows the MoJ business to run efficiently and project delivery to happen seamlessly.
This role would suit someone with either IT experience in a service desk role or a recent graduate of an IT based course. The role will add to your IT experience but with the addition of being within a Ministry of Justice setting.
Support and re-educate end users to ensure they understand the Service Now workflows.
Carry out technical approvals on Service Now as required.
Assist with and / or provide user guidance as appropriate in relation to the escalation of requests which are not progressing.
Assist the Service Desk with obtaining information required to progress a request or incident resolution.
Work alongside Assistive Technology Users and their managers, ensuring AT requirements are requested and obtained in line with individual assessments.
Work continuously on the development of the Service Now tooling, ensuring fit for end users and required approval processes. Identify improvements in conjunction with the Service Management team.
Request and maintain a stock of spares at each establishment to swap out broken devices.
Install and relocate small devices e.g. printers, thin clients as required by site in line with agreed processes.
Provide support to projects, facilitating surveys as required.
Support new technology systems in place to maintain family contact within prisons
During an incident, where support is required by the Supplier, carry out Kit & Power Checks where feasible and /or liaise with site to request these checks, responding to requests investigation outcomes.
Assist with maximising efficiency of IT resources and expenditure by removing or reallocating devices and telephone numbers, keeping costs to a minimum.
Provide support and guidance to end users to improve the user experience, promoting the use of the IT Self-Help website and knowledge articles on Service Now where appropriate.
Work with site to establish the most effective and cost-efficient balance of resources.
Working with the Configuration Manager, carry out an annual audit of asset information to ensure accuracy, identifying and resolving discrepancies as required.
Manage user complaints, ensuring where possible complaints are dealt with locally where feasible. Ensure complaints are logged and tracked through to completion.
Ensure adherence to security policies by ensuring secure storage and disposal of IT related assets.
- Strong commitment to the highest levels of Customer Service and Support, be this face to face, by telephone or by email, and a preparedness to collaborate with the wide range of HMPPS (Her Majesty's Prison and Probation Service) and other staff who work in prisons.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels of contact and in a wide variety of situations, demonstrating the ability to listen and influence, and to relate to stakeholders in their own language
- Capacity to manage one's own workload within working practices and patterns of physical deployment overseen by a small and highly integrated management team
- Flexibility will be essential to meet changing needs and priorities, including travelling to sites when required.
- Full Driving Licence
- Good knowledge of IT
- Customer Service experience
- Familiarity with relevant national and international legislation pertaining to the Government/Public Sector IT - e.g. Data Protection Act, Information Assurance policy is required.
You will be working 37 hours per week Monday to Friday. The length of the assignment is for 6 months initially. The pay rate is £10.97 per hour. You will be required to travel between HMP Foston Hall and HMP Sudbury providing support. There are allowances for expenses.
You will need to be security checked to SC Level and fully referenced for the last 3 years.
Please apply online with your current CV in WORD FORMAT to our Nottingham PSR team. Should you require any further information, please contact us.