The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs - Executive Administration Officer
Location: Office is based in York city centre
Hours: Monday - Friday (37 hours)
Pay: £10.90 ph
This is an ongoing temporary position with the possibility of a further extension at the discretion of the business requirements.
We are currently recruiting for a full time Executive Administration Officer to join the team at DEFRA. DEFRA is the UK Government department responsible for safeguarding the natural environment, supporting the UK's world-leading food and farming industry, and sustaining a thriving rural economy. It will involve communicating with customers and clients about various survey's over the phone. Issuing survey's to organisations to collect information on farmer's and grower's financial management records.
- Responsibilities include:
- Assisting with budget preparation and control, if required
- Acting as a administrative liaison with internal and / or external sources
- Preparing routine correspondence
- Overseeing administrative procedures and processes
- Collating and analysing fairly complex information or data, submitting results in a written report
- Monitoring the email and telephone help desk
What we are looking for from an ideal candidate:
- Strong communication both oral and written
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages e.g Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to work on your own as well as part of a team
- Experience working in an administrative role
- Great customer service skills
If you feel like this is you click apply now!!