Our client is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. They deliver this must-have insight to the financial, legal, tax and science and media markets, powered by the one of the world's most trusted news organization.
Delegate Sales Executive
This role is responsible for generating delegate revenue for a rapidly developing events division and will include sales primarily to the UK but also to Europe and Rest of World. The events team will be responsible for developing a variety of high level conferences, seminars, webinars and networking functions predominately in the UK but expanding out into the EU and then beyond.
Achieve per event sales targets - initially new business and developing repeat.
2. Maintain high product and client knowledge.
3. Achieve and exceed call level, pipeline and financial targets.
4. Successfully identify and prospect new leads.
5. Working on a variety of events and so being able to plan and organize your time methodically and be tenacious in following up leads.
6. Maintaining a consultative sales approach to listen attentively to your clients, identify their business needs and match this to relevant events.
7. Constantly improve and develop selling and negotiation skills.
8. Attend individual training sessions as and when required.
9. Attend individual and team meetings to discuss KPI's and other items relevant to the role.
10. Contribute input to the wider law Events business issues and direction.
11. Provide regular and concise reports on sales performance, progress and priorities.
12. Present the sales plan positively to your team manager (and other staff as required).
14. Use internal CRM system & Excel to keep record of key activity (demonstrations, quotes, sales etc)
Good knowledge of the sectors landscape.
2. Good level of knowledge of events industry.
1. Ability to influence and guide prospects: Listen attentively, highlight the salient points and explain the value to the client. Also be able to effectively deal with objections and turn them to your advantage.
2. Ability to gain credibility and inspire trust within a decision maker group.
3. Excellent communication and listening skills - as this is a new portfolio clear and open communication with the existing teams will be crucial.
4. Ability to work in a team.
5. Ability to build constructive relationships with key individuals
1. Self motivated with the drive and enthusiasm to make you proactive and positive in your approach to sales.
2. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
3. Innovative, dynamic and confident.
4. High attention to detail in recording information and administrative processes relevant to process of the sale. Written work must be accurate and thorough.
5. Seek to drive improvements in results through new ideas, approaches, knowledge and skills initiatives.
New business sales experience, ideally in the events business.
2. Knowledge of the legal sector.