Delphi Developer - circa £40k depending on experience
Are you an experienced Delphi Developer looking to move into a role with a forward-thinking company?
Do you have Strong SQL and EPOS experience?
Brook Street is delighted to present the opportunity to work for an innovative software and technology company specialising in payment solutions. Having operated for over 30 years my client, based in the Southampton area, provide a wide range of front and back office software solutions to their clients. As a result of both continued expansion and the continued development of their client base, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Delphi Developer to join their team.
About the job:
The Delphi Developer will have opportunities to work on different technologies and to expand skills and knowledge. Experience in the convenience, point of sale or retail back office or head office environments is a benefit. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing software company with strong ambitions and to bring your own skills and ideas to the team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Deliver high quality functional software within agreed timescales.
- Collaborate with a team to prepare designs, estimates and functional specifications.
- Maintain quality through code and document reviews.
- Participate in Agile based meetings to ensure iterations are well defined, planned and delivered.
- Investigate software/system faults and devise solutions to these problems.
- Review team & iteration performance to identify improvements to future deliveries.
- Take responsibility for own learning and ensure rapid uptake of familiarity with the system
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to understand their needs and develop changes
- Maintain accurate documentation
Who's right for the job?
Our client is looking for an experienced, creative and driven Delphi Developer to bring their knowledge and experience to help them maintain and develop internally developed retail solutions. They are looking for eager, self-motivated individuals who thrive on learning and problem solving, who are up for a challenge and want to make a difference.
As a minimum, to be successful in this role you will:
- Minimum of five years' experience of software development using Delphi
- A keen interest in how software is designed and implemented to fit in with modern practices and the ability to write clear well-maintainable code.
- Knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems, including XP, 7 and 10.
- Knowledge of BDE, Paradox and interfacing Delphi with COM objects
- Knowledge of the Borland VCL and RTL (Application rights and installation of Delphi 7 on Windows 10)
- Some experience working with C# using SOLID principles or a good understanding of how to apply them
Ideally you will possess the following technical skills:
- Ideally have experience working in the EPOS and / or EFT software development industry.
- SQL and DBMS preferred
What's in it for you?
In return for your hard work you will be rewarded with a competitive salary circa £40k per annum, depending on experience.
You spend most of your week at work so your well-being and work-life balance is a priority to our client. They are committed to your development; your expertise is their knowledge. They are also committed to caring for you; their canteen has free coffee, vending machines, beanbags and if you are working late, they'll treat you to free pizza. Table tennis, a pool table and relaxed break-out area along with eye care vouchers, free flu vaccinations, on-site parking, shower and free coffee machines are all part of life working for our client. They've even got electric car charging stations for all their staff to use should you drive an electric or hybrid vehicle. They also offer their staff flexible start and finish times as your well-being and work-life balance is key. With a casual dress code, a range of sandwich vans, as well as the weekly curry van, our client's employee's love working there and we feel you will too.
In addition to the above you will receive opportunities for personal and professional development, employee assistance and insurance, company pension scheme with a free annual review, bonus incentives, and community social events!
Let's get started!
For more information please contact Ben G at Brook Street on 02380 224139 or send your CV to Ben.Grice(at)brookstreet.co.uk.