Book Street are currently working on behalf of our global IT client to recruit a Demand Planner.
This is a contract role required from early February 2021 for 5 months initially.
The role will be based remotely to begin with but there will be regular presence at the London Paddington offices required post Covid/when safe.
Technology enhances your life - your job should too. At our client's Retail Stores, that is what they believe. They are the face of our client's cutting-edge devices and services, designed to provide customers, consumer and commercial, with a world-class experience in this mobile-first, cloud-first world. They serve as centers of innovation, connecting customers with technology that simplifies their lives, improves their productivity and inspires their creative potential.
To fuel our client's continued growth, we are seeking a Demand Planner for their EMEA & UK/Ireland markets.
Key Business Objective:
Develop product demand forecasts and manage item life cycle and inventory controls to ensure our client's Store can realize our revenue and profit goals. Demonstrated by achieving an In-Stock Percentage of 99.0%, inventory growth at half of revenue growth, and manage mark-downs to stay within budget.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain the 6 month rolling forecasts for a given product category (Gaming ,IOT, PC's, Phones, tablets & VR/MR) in the JDA forecasting tool. This forecast will be developed at a SKU level and revised/analyzed weekly.
- Determine initial purchase quantity, and rebuy quantities, for all skus to enable us to achieve/exceed our financial revenue goals
- Ensure purchase plan aligns with our inventory management goals (turns, weeks of supply) while staying within budgeted discount rates.
- Assemble and analyze all data pertinent to reflect impact of promotions, pricing changes, seasonality, new Store business models/partnerships, and other factors to develop continually-improving future forecasts.
- Partner closely with Merchants/Buyers and Online Store Leads to ensure forecast and buy plan reflect future promotions
- Develop financial forecasts by category/sub-category/area to support quarterly financial forecasting rhythm.
- Continuously improving forecasting techniques, method, and approach.
- Develop and track key forecasting KPI's, such as forecast and mix accuracy, on a monthly basis.
- Track customer returns rates by product. Partner with the Merchant to ensure our returns allowances are reasonable and are effectively being maximized.
- Partner closely with Merchandising Replen and Supply Chain teams to ensure 99.0% In Stock Percentage metric at a sku/outlet level.
- Establish and utilize best practices (statistical models and software tools) in creating forecasts
- Make recommended adjustments to forecast based on changes in demand and market trends.
- Analytical Problem Solving - identifying patterns of causal relationships, breaking down problems into simple terms, and systematic in the approach to solving simple and complex problems, always staying focused on solving real-world problems and/or advancing the state of the art.
- Cross-Boundary Collaboration - effectively working with individuals and organizations outside of one's immediate work area or span of control.
- Building Customer and Partner Relationships - the ability to develop solid, long-term relationships with customers, partners, and clients. Demonstrating a deep understanding of the customer/partner/client's business and organization to establish mutually beneficial relationships that are based on trust.
- Global Process Management - the ability to engage in and manage global processes to achieve a high level of efficiency and effectiveness with the end customer in mind.
- BS/BA in Accounting, Business, Supply Chain Management or related area preferre
- Demand planning or supply chain experience.
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Strong knowledge of demand planning process within a Retail environment
- Previous experience working directly with vendors, merchants, and supply chain organizations
- Knowledge of demand management/forecasting tools, forecasting processes in sales, marketing operations, finance, manufacturing and supply chain issues
- Good communication and Team building skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Effective in a fast paced, changing environment
- Extensive spreadsheet analysis and strong mathematical abilities
Deadline for applications: Thursday 14th January 2021