Brook Street is currently working on behalf of our Global IT Client to recruit a Demand Planner
This is a contract role based in London Paddington for (3) months. Likely to be extended for full 18 month term.
As a Brook Street contractor you will be entitled to 25 days holiday per annum, 8 days paid Bank Holidays pro rota, discounted gym membership, use of the onsite health facility, access to online learning and training and an excellent subsidised restaurant.
Annual Rate: £30,000.00 per annum plus 5% end of contract bonus, depending on experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key Business Objective: Develop product forecasts and item life cycle management to ensure EMEA MS Store can realize our revenue and profit goals. Demonstrated by achieving an In Stock Percentage of 99.0% and the EMEA MS stores budget
1. Analytical Problem Solving - identifying patterns of causal relationships, breaking down problems into simple terms, and systematic in the approach to solving simple and complex problems, always staying focused on solving real-world problems and/or advancing the state of the art.
2. Cross-Boundary Collaboration - effectively working with individuals and organizations outside of one`s immediate work area or span of control.
3. Building Customer and Partner Relationships - the ability to develop solid, long-term relationships with customers, partners, and clients. Demonstrating a deep understanding of the customer/partner/client`s business and organization to establish mutually beneficial relationships that are based on trust.
4. Global Process Management - the ability to engage in and manage global processes to achieve a high level of efficiency and effectiveness with the end customer in mind.
A typical day in this role can include:
- Develop and maintain the 9 month rolling forecasts for a given product category (IOT, Mobile and PCs). This forecast will be revised and analyzed weekly.
- Continuously improving forecasting techniques, method, and approach.
Develop and track key forecasting KPI`s, such as forecast and mix accuracy, on a monthly basis.
- Partner closely with the Store buying team on assortment decisions to align to OTB and to ensure we meet launch dates.
- Partner closely with Supply Chain team to ensure 99.0% In Stock Percentage metric at a sku/outlet level.
- Assemble and analyze all data pertinent to reflect impact of promotions, pricing changes, seasonality and other factors to develop continually-improving future forecasts.
- Help create and maintain in region OTB process
- Work closely with the in region online store managers and buying team to ensure all promotions are effectively capture and incorporated into product forecasts.
The top 3 must have skills are as follows:
- 1 - 2 years demand planning / supply chain.
- Retail experience (tech preferred - 1 years). Not essential.
- Forecasting experience (1 year). Not essential.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- BS/BA in Accounting, Business, Supply Chain Management or related area
- A minimum of 1 year of demand planning or supply chain experience.
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Previous experience working directly with vendors, merchants, and supply chain organizations
- Knowledge of demand management/forecasting tools, forecasting processes in sales, marketing operations, finance, manufacturing and supply chain issues.
Good communication and Team building skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Effective in a fast paced, changing environment
- Extensive spreadsheet analysis and strong mathematical abilities
Deadline for CV submission: 15Th of April 2019 at 10:00am