Are you a Deputy Home Manager who has experience with working with children in a residential setting? Are you able to organise, direct and develop a team? Can you use the childcare standards and best practise model to guide decisions and create awareness? Are you seeking a new vocation in Thanet (Ramsgate), Abbey Wood and Crawley? If yes to all of the above then please keep reading...
We are looking to recruit a Deputy Home Manager to assist the Home Manager in maintain the smooth running of the home by promoting a harmonious culture by coordinating, supervising, directing and facilitating the team in delivering a high standard of care. Protecting and supporting the children and young people is our client ultimate goal therefore the ideal person must see this as their main agenda.
The deputy Home Manager should have knowledge of:
- Management theories
- Management Qualifications
- Management training and experience
- Up- to- date knowledge of childcare and child protection laws
- Awareness of group dynamics in residential settings
- Vision, creatively and innovation
-Tolerance and resilience
- Professional assertiveness
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Awareness of own values and beliefs and confidence in own skill with Equal opportunities.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to the children`s protection and development
The Deputy Home Manager should have abilities such as:
- The ability to organise, plan and take responsibility
-The ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both with colleagues and children, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to motivate aid and guide children in their self- development
- Listen and respond both responsibly and appropriately with sensitivity
- Report and placement planning.
- Ability to understand and implement Quality Standard and support care.
If you would like to be considered for this post, please forward an up-to-date CV to Karen at BS Social Care:
The position will be subject to satisfactory reference being obtained and an enhanced DBS check.