Job Title: Deputy Home Manager
Responsible to: Children's Home Manager
Responsible for: Team Leaders, Residential Support
Location of Homes: Forest of Dean,
Purpose of Job:
" To ensure that the needs of young people in our clients care are met and to provide a positive and safe living experience for these young people and;
" To manage and lead the Team Leaders and Residential Support Workers in order to provide a high quality of childcare and;
" To work with and support the Children's Home Manager to ensure that the residential home runs smoothly and effectively at all times and that young people achieve positive outcomes.
1. To work on shift and in conjunction with the Home Manager to ensure that the Home runs efficiently and effectively to a high standard and young people are safeguarded at all times. Thus creating a homely environment for the young people in our care, taking into account their views, wishes and feelings.
2. To manage a staff team and to deputise for the Home Manager in his/her absence delivering supervision in accordance with company policy.
3. To comply with the Company's Safeguarding Policies and Procedures which includes Whistleblowing and any associated guidance as may be issued from time to time and to report all causes of concern to the nominated Designated Safeguarding Officer immediately, while understanding that the safety of children in our care is paramount at all times and that safeguarding is a key responsibility of every employee.
4. To comply with and to have a thorough up to date knowledge of the Home's Statement of Purpose, Policy and Procedures, all relevant legislation and be able to impart this knowledge to all staff and to promote best practice and maintain confidentiality.
5. To promote effective multi agency working and positive relationships with all staff, the local community, local authorities, other professional agencies and significant others who are part of a young person's life.
6. To comply with and enforce company guidelines on Codes of Conduct and to set an acceptable role model standard within the home, acting as a mentor to staff.
7. To assist in the development and delivery of the objectives identified in the young person's Plans.
8. To ensure the staff team contribute to the reviewing and monitoring process in the development of Care Planning and to ensure the Key Worker system is adhered to.
9. To promote anti-discriminatory and equal opportunity practices in line with Company Policy.
10. To implement and enforce legislation and company policies on Health & Safety, Fire and Data Protection.
11. To attend all required training and, when required, to present in house training courses and to support QCF learners.
12. To participate in the on-call Rota as required and to be available to cover shifts when on-call when all other options are exhausted and to submit on-call records.
13. To ensure that the petty cash budget is utilised responsibly and properly balanced at the end of each shift, to manage additional funds effectively and to monitor the home's budget as directed by the Home Manager.
14. To undertake the duties outlined in Appendix A and other duties as required which may be revised from time to time by the Company.
If this is the job for you please apply