Deputy Nursery Manager
£9.50 - £10 p/h
- " To manage the efficient day to day running of Camp Coconuts so that a first-class service is delivered to children, parents and staff at all times.
- " To ensure the company`s high standards are met and exceeded by staff in all departments.
- " The efficient and effective management of staff, ensuring that all staff functions are performed in line with Daisy Day Nursery`s systems, policies, procedures and employee handbook and the culture is continually re-enforced.
- " Participate in elements of delivering the company induction to new staff as directed by your manager, ensuring that they understand their roles and responsibilities in the business and are aware of the company`s policies and procedures.
- " Carry out staff training and development as directed to ensure employees are skilled and productive in the shortest reasonable time frame.
- " Carry out ongoing quality monitoring through constant observation.
- " Carry out regular performance reviews and catch ups as directed.
- " Conduct meetings in the manager`s absence or at the instruction of the manager.
- " Participate in room, meetings and manager meetings.
- " Identify and resolve any systemic staffing issues eg. poor staff morale, seeking support and guidance from your manager.
- " Supervise and direct staff to provide a full and balanced programme of activities, paying due regard to the requirements of the correct curriculum and development needs of the children (planning).
- " Consistently update performance logs so that accurate information about individual performance is maintained.
Quality, Premises and Business Development
- " Ensure H&S processes are being followed by team and reporting on this so that managers can take appropriate action.
- " Report any maintenance issues in a timely manner.
- " Ensure staff maintain the high standards of cleanliness expected.
- " Be the first point of contact for customers.
- " Ensure that the team meets all its obligations under the Childminding and Day Care (Wales) Regulations 2002 and the 2006 Amendment of the Child Minding and Day Care (Wales) Regulations 2002, and is ready for inspection by CIW at any time.
- " Assist in the CIW inspection process.
- " Develop relationships with local schools.
- " Maintain weekly play frame Health & Safety check to ensure the company is complying with legislation.
- " Participate in deep clean days.
- " Deputise for the nursery manager in their absence.
- " Ensure cost efficiency in all areas at all times, minimising waste in all areas of the setting.
- " Conduct and participate in viewings with potential customers according to company procedure.
- " Conduct parent inductions, ensuring parents are fully aware of their contractual obligations according to company procedure.
- " Participate in marketing events.
- " Regular cleaning of minibuses.
If you think this is the role for you please apply