Ministry Of Justice HMPS
Location: Alternating between both HMP Wealstun/Wetherby
Job Title: Deskside Support - IT
Duration: 6 Months
We have an exciting Onsite Support opportunity with HMP Wetherby and Wealstun. Working between the two sites, with the relevant training, you will be providing IT assistance to all stakeholders associated with the prison.
If you have a background in IT help desk support/customer service or have graduated with a degree related to IT, then this may be the role for you
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager (Prisons), the Deskside Support Manager focuses on the establishing and supplying of IT and telephony needs of prison service sites and the staff who work within them, in co-operation with a range of 3rd party suppliers including DXE and Vodafone. The role of the Deskside Support team is to maximise the effective delivery of support and communication services.
- Strong commitment to the highest levels of Customer Service and Support, be this face to face, by telephone or by email, and a preparedness to collaborate with the wide range of HMPPS (Her Majesty's Prison and Probation Service) and other staff who work in prisons.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels of contact and in a wide variety of situations, demonstrating the ability to listen and influence, and to relate to stakeholders in their own language
- Capacity to manage one's own workload within working practices and patterns of physical deployment overseen by a small and highly integrated management team
- Flexibility will be essential to meet changing needs and priorities, including travelling to sites when required.
- Clean Driving License
- Good knowledge of IT
- Customer Service experience
- Familiarity with relevant national and international legislation pertaining to the Government/Public Sector IT - e.g. Data Protection Act, Information Assurance policy is required.
*Please note working for the Ministry of Justice will require you to have photographic ID. This can be a Full-length Birth Certificate supported by a driving or provisional licence in your current address OR an in-date passport*
You will also be required to pass a basic DBS in order to begin the position.
If this sounds of interest to you, then please apply