Ministry Of Justice HMPS
Location: Alternating between both HMP Wetherby/HMP Wealstun
Job Title: Deskside Support Manager
Duration: 6 Months
We have an exciting Onsite Support opportunity with our client The Ministry Of Justice at MoJ Digital & Technology for a Deskside Support Manager
The team provides technical support, expertise and knowledge sharing tailored specifically to our customers remotely & onsite. Our personal, customer centric focus allows the MoJ business to run efficiently and project delivery to happen seamlessly.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager (Prisons), the Deskside Support Manager focuses on the establishing and supplying of IT and telephony needs of prison service sites and the staff who work within them, in co-operation with a range of 3rd party suppliers including DXE and Vodafone. The role of the Deskside Support team is to maximise the effective delivery of support and communication services.
- Support and re-educate end users to ensure they understand the Service Now workflows.
- Carry out technical approvals on Service Now as required.
- Assist with and / or provide user guidance as appropriate in relation to the escalation of requests which are not progressing.
- Assist the Service Desk with obtaining information required to progress a request or incident resolution.
- Work alongside Assistive Technology Users and their managers, ensuring AT requirements are requested and obtained in line with individual assessments.
- Request and maintain a stock of spares at each establishment to swap out broken devices.
- Install and relocate small devices e.g. printers, thin clients as required by site in line with agreed processes.
- Provide support to projects, facilitating surveys as required.
- Support new technology systems in place to maintain family contact within prisons
- During an incident, where support is required by the Supplier, carry out Kit & Power Checks where feasible and /or liaise with site to request these checks, responding to requests investigation outcomes.
- Assist key stakeholders with information relating to IT and Network performance, based on the user experience
- Act as SPOC for gathering user feedback as required.
- Maintain an ongoing relationship with key stakeholders at sites.
- Assist with maximising efficiency of IT resources and expenditure by removing or reallocating devices and telephone numbers, keeping costs to a minimum.
- Provide support and guidance to end users to improve the user experience, promoting the use of the IT Self-Help website and knowledge articles on Service Now where appropriate.
- Assist with the development of new knowledge articles as part of Continuous Service Improvement.
- Work with site to establish the most effective and cost-efficient balance of resources.
- Working with the Configuration Manager, carry out an annual audit of asset information to ensure accuracy, identifying and resolving discrepancies as required
- Carry out compliance checks in conjunction with the Security team, engaging with Local Information Managers and other key stakeholders to gather relevant information.
- Manage user complaints, ensuring where possible complaints are dealt with locally where feasible. Ensure complaints are logged and tracked through to completion
- Help to identify impact of proposed and planned major business change for sites and end users by providing feedback on project plans and process suggestions, as requested by program leads and managers.
- Ensure adherence to security policies by ensuring secure storage and disposal of IT related assets.
- Hold an understanding of the current ICT HMPPS landscape in order to inform and improve on future IT Service Management and enhance the end user experience. Keep up to date with communicated programs of change, identifying opportunities for improvements for end users.
- Provide advice and guidance to key stakeholders in relation to local contingency planning.
What we are looking for:
- Strong commitment to the highest levels of Customer Service and Support, be this face to face, by telephone or by email, and a preparedness to collaborate with the wide range of HMPPS (Her Majesty's Prison and Probation Service) and other staff who work in prisons.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels of contact and in a wide variety of situations, demonstrating the ability to listen and influence, and to relate to stakeholders in their own language
- Capacity to manage one's own workload within working practices and patterns of physical deployment overseen by a small and highly integrated management team
- Flexibility will be essential to meet changing needs and priorities, including travelling to sites when required.
- Must be able to pass a criminal check
- Excellent IT skills
- Very strong customer service and recent administration experience
- Driving Licence
- Familiarity with relevant national and international legislation pertaining to the Government/Public Sector IT - e.g. Data Protection Act, Information Assurance policy is required.
Graduates with /Business/Project support/analyst and incredibly strong IT skills please apply!
If you are interested then please click apply or have any questions then please contact