Our client within the Education Sector are looking for a Development and Alumni Manager to join their team on a temporary basis for approx. 4-6 months. This is a full time position working Monday to Thursday 8.30 - 5 and Friday 8.30-4.30.
Hourly rate between £14 - £17 p/h dependant on skills and experience
The role will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of a successful alumni relations programme in the UK and internationally, contributing to student recruitment, employability and income diversification, and undertake a key role in delivering the University`s fundraising strategy.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, the Development Manager will take the lead in implementing the University`s development strategy, with a particular focus on five major strands:
1. Increasing the number of major philanthropic gifts received by the University and maintaining existing and establishing new donor relations
2. Delivering the Medical School fundraising campaign and contributing to the £20million income target
3. Increasing income from charitable trusts and foundations
4. Establishing a Lincoln Annual Fund
5. Increasing giving through legacies and wills.
The post-holder will lead on delivering the alumni strategy with a focus on:
1. Engaging positively and effectively with the University of Lincoln`s 100,000 alumni
2. Developing advocates of the institution who support the University across student recruitment, schools engagement, mentoring, teaching and fundraising.
3. Growing our international alumni ambassador network and building the number of events and activities that they engage in
Key Responsibilities (this list is not exhaustive)
" Leading the Alumni and Development Team.
" Developing appropriate materials and communications to support development activity across all communications platforms, including print and web.
" Create an annual plan of development events and campaigns and deliver them with the Alumni and Development Team.
" Exercise initiative, autonomy and discretion in devising and implementing fundraising campaigns.
" Use professional judgement and experience to manage the stewardship process in consultation with the Director of CDM. Identify and cultivate high net worth individuals whose interests can be met by the University. Lead face-to-face meetings with potential donors. Advise on and oversee the implementation of stewardship programmes at College level.
" Maintain, update and adhere to University development policies, GDPR and all relevant legislation.
" Identify and maintain records of key trusts and foundations and advise academic colleagues of them accordingly.
" Prepare timely and compelling fundraising proposals for trusts and foundations in conjunction with academic colleges.
" The role holder will be responsible for delivering an extensive alumni engagement campaign to build exceptional relationships with University of Lincoln alumni to underpin alumni engagement in the University as global advocates.
The right candidate will need to have:
" Excellent organisation skills
" High level of communication skills to a range of stakeholders
" Strong attention to detail
" Experience of developing and successfully implementing plans and campaigns to deadlines
" Ability and inclination to meet potential major donors and ask them for significant financial or other support
" Available to engage in flexible working when required, including occasional evenings and weekends
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for this role, please apply online or call Becky on 01522 528115 for further information.