Development Security Consultant
6 month contract Location - Reading (plus travel to customer sites)
Salary - up to £540 a day.
I am looking for a DevOps focused PFE who can work alongside our customers, providing them with advice and guidance on DevOps infrastructure and toolsets, and helping to enable their dev teams to deliver change and improvements to their DevOps pipelines.
As a Premier Field Engineer, you will:
- Join a highly motivated team of leading industry experts Engage with many different organisations and development teams to meet their short- and long-term goals.
- Work with clients to architect and implement innovative solutions and proof of concepts.
- Visit customers to train them and share industry and development expertise.
- Be part of a thriving developer community that's constantly looking for ways to improve our customers' experience, software development goals and use of technology
- Build strong customer relationships and ensure deliveries align with customer projects and milestones.
- Gain access to expertise and support from business consulting practice and product groups.
- Preview new technology before others in the industry and learn how to make the best from it.
- Continually learn and grow professionally to be the best you can be.
Story Behind the Need
- Business Group & Key Projects Providing skills and guidance on best practice
- DevOps processes Helping develop, improve and manage development and deployment processes using modern automated build and deployment toolsets
Typical Day in the Role
- Works effectively with customers/stakeholders and with the team to support business targets.
- Builds credibility quickly with solid knowledge based on experience and up-to-date information.
- Has an eye for detail, accuracy and timeliness.
- Is structured and organised in execution. Enjoys coaching and mentoring, sharing best practice where possible.
- Candidate Requirements Experience with Visual Studio Team Services, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, or other CI/CD, pipeline enabled, automated build and deploy technology
- Strong understanding of the Microsoft Azure platform, use of Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) is preferable, knowledge of Azure Resource Manager templates (ARM) is also an advantage Working within an Agile process