Brook Street is currently working on behalf of our Global IT Client to recruit a proficient Marketing Manager.
This is role is required from December 2020 for 18 months.
The role will be based remotely to start with, however, there will be a requirement in the future to visit partner sites within a 50 mile radius of Reading in the future.
As a Brook Street contractor you will be entitled to 25 days holiday per annum, 8 days paid Bank Holidays pro rota, use of the onsite facilities, free parking and an excellent subsidised restaurant.
The Devices Marketing team works closely across Multi National device manufacturers, to deliver commercial and consumer marketing and value propositions. Our client pride themselves on building valued and lasting relationships with their partners which result in engagement with our client. This role will work directly with a selection of accounts, supporting the account sales lead and working closely with the Multi national account marketing lead to drive impactful activity with the aim of providing a return on investment and helping to grow market share in both consumer and commercial segments.
The Device Marketing Manager will focus on helping our client's Multi National accounts - identifying opportunities for joint engagement, plan, drive and coordinate marketing activity that aligns to their key strategic priorities for consumer and commercial, and ensure investments are made with maximum ROI for our client.
You will act as a trusted adviser to the partner, consulting them on their marketing plans and ensuring that they execute according to guidelines and within defined timescales. This role requires an excellent level of attention to detail as there are specific processes that need to be followed to ensure that we meet strict compliance guidelines.
While the responsibilities of the Device Marketing Manager will evolve with the needs of the discipline, core responsibilities will include:
- Marketing manager works closely with the Partner Account Manager to understand the priorities for the accounts for which they are responsible.
- Develop joint marketing plans with partners and ensure the Partner executes these plans in the agreed timescales.
- Compliance is key within the co-marketing programmes and we ensure that we manage budgets to fit with the fiscal calendar and programme deadlines.
- Communicating the benefits of our client's products and solutions to our client's partners and will need to think of creative ways of going to market in both B2B & B2C scenarios.
- Measure program effectiveness/return on investment data and correct as necessary to meet business goals.
- Identify trends in partner markets/competitor activity, anticipate long-term programme needs and propose creative programmes or solutions.
- Create quarterly marketing Business Reviews to showcase marketing engagements.
- Feed into the Monthly/quarterly (Rhythm of the Business) ROB and reporting with relevant examples and data points
- Support the Device Marketing team in terms of driving a positive culture and taking on stretch projects as appropriate.
Key Success Criteria:
- ROI of marketing programs and the ability to execute in fast changing environment
- Execution of Global Marketing Campaigns at a local level
- Windows activations, monthly active users, modern device mix, share of PC and server markets
- Partner level of satisfaction with our client's Marketing division.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
1) Essential Experience -
Experience in a partner or Vendor marketing related role in IT industry.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment, delivering against multiple projects effectively & accurately.
- Ability to take Market Intelligence and use this to identify market opportunities
- Ability to Prioritise activities in line with goals.
- Good Knowledge of the overall IT industry and market including the channel.
- Provide detailed reporting on ROI of Marketing activities and understanding the difference between incremental sales and run rate and how to achieve the former.
- Evidence of leadership through managing v-teams or projects from conception through to delivery.
- Be able to deal with many stakeholders in a heavily matrixed environment
- Experience driving innovation through business impacting campaigns
2) Technical/Functional Skills -
- Experience of working in the channel would be an advantage to be successful in this role.
- Core marketing skills / good interpersonal and communication skills
- Core presentation skills / confidence
- Ability to develop value propositions for Partners against key products
- Ability to manage budgets / proven numeric ability
- Organized and detailed
3) Personal Attributes/Interpersonal Skills -
- Ability to develop strong relationships at multiple levels
- Ability to manage a very large and fluctuating workload with multiple priorities, deadlines and contacts in a fast-paced environment
- Great verbal, telephone and written communication skills
- Very strong team player but with ability to work on own initiative
- Customer focused, and Customer satisfaction oriented
- Fast learner, diligent, ambitious, and persistent-in other words, someone that welcomes a challenge.
- Be agile, willing to learn and adapt based on changing circumstances
4) Qualifications -
- Relevant degree or Institute of Marketing qualification or equivalent Sales/Marketing experience (in software preferred).
- Fluent in both verbal and written English
- Ability, within reason, to work outside normal hours as dictated by business requirements i.e. partner and event travel (in the future).
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 25th November 2020