I am recruiting for Die Casting machine operators working for a global automotive supplier. Working the on aa alternating shift pattern (6-2, 2-10), this position is offering a negotiable package including shift uplift and will be based at their Telford plant.
My client is also offering an option of a relocation package if you are interested but not currently local to Telford.
As a global manufacturing business, they specialise in high pressure die-casting that designs and builds medium to large aluminium die-cast automotive components.
Reporting to the Team Leader the DCM Operator is part of the team responsible for the manufacture of castings on site, ensuring a safe working environment and satisfying all customer quality standards.
You will work alterative weeks of a 6am-2pm shift and 2pm-10pm shift.
- Guarantee a safe working environment
- Ensure all production processes conform to current quality standards
- Manufacture parts in time to satisfy customer demand
- Strive to improve production processes
- Part of team to root cause analysis of non-conforming production and implement corrective
- Quality check of parts produced
- Record hourly performance and Key characteristics of parts produced
- Promote the companies HSE policies across the department and plant and adhere to all Health and Safety environmental requirements
- Proven Production experience
- Experience within Die castings sector
- or injection moulding
- Experience of problem solving
- Use of 5S to improve production environment
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft (Excel, Word etc.)
- Understanding of KPI's to track performance
- Proven experience of technical ability (Die cast machine/moulding machines/machine Op/setter etc)
- Good problem solving skills
- Team player
- Confidence to challenge the status quo
- Target driven
- Work collaboratively to achieve project/company goals
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Good communicator both written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure
- Organised and able to multi-task
- Proactive in approach with a "can do attitude"
- Eligibility to work in the UK
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Negotiable package depending on experience
- Relocation package if required
- Rotational shift pattern
- Generous holiday entitlement which includes 25 days plus 8 bank holidays
- Attractive pension, death in service and critical illness schemes
- Employee assistance programme and benefit scheme
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
Please send your cv and call Lauren on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***