As a Catering Assistant you will be required to provide general assistance in the restaurant and kitchen area. You will be responsible for the hygiene and cleanliness within food preparation areas. You will be also responsible for assisting the Cook for carrying out basic food preparation tasks, such as washing and peeling food. Excellent customer service is an essential part of this role
Max: 20 hours per week on a rota basis which may include evening and weekend working.
- o Prepare the serving area for all meals and serve food and beverages to residents and staff in the restaurant.
- o Comply with opening procedures.
- o Work on the till when required.
- o Ensure that all deliveries including donations are stored in compliance with HAACP regulations and stock is rotated under the guidance of the Cook in Charge.
- o Check all food deliveries agree with the advice note / invoice.
- o Take the temperature of meat and frozen goods on arrival, check bread and milk orders daily and ensure that no dry food packages or tins are damaged.
- o Keep kitchen tables and shelving clean, and maintain a clean environment around the serving area, washing machine and general area up to the back stairs at all times.
- o Fulfil cleaning duties as allocated on the cleaning rota, and as required. Duties include mopping floors, hoovering carpets, and cleaning sinks, fan grills, steel walls, food stores, ovens, fryers, fridges empty, cleaning trolleys, tables, chairs, floors, window sills, shelves and clean rubbish bins.
- o Cash up the restaurant each day and hand takings in to the Accounts Office / Duty Manager, ensuring money is agreed and signed for, and the correct float is left in the till.
- o During closing, clear the counter, lock the pantry, ensure all lights are switched off and windows are closed, and securely lock all the restaurant doors.
- o Provide excellent customer service at all times.
- o Report to relevant departments (i.e. Operations, Facilities etc.) all accidents, breakages, faults and any breaches in health and safety issues.
- o Food & Hygiene Certificate
- o Health and Safety Certificate
- o Good communication and interpersonal skills
- o Ability to work as part of a team
- o Ability to work outside normal working hours on a rota basis.
- o Good time management and attendance
- o Previous experience in a catering customer facing environment
Hourly rate: £9 p/
You must be available ASAP