Role Purpose/ Summary: To support the editorial teams with the creation, publication, delivery and presentation of content for Practical Law and to provide administrative support to facilitate the smooth running of the practical law teams.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Creating, coding and publishing content assets and checking that the published asset renders properly on the live site.
- Proof-reading content to ensure that there are no typographical errors or broken links on the live site.
- Assisting with the identification and collation of information to be considered for inclusion in current awareness content, emails and alerts.
- Creation and publication of email containers and alerts for current awareness.
- Reviewing the content in document templates to ensure that the content renders properly on the live site and solving template usage problems as and when they arise.
- Assisting with writing and sub-editing content where legal knowledge is not needed.
- Taking responsibility for maintenance of online lists of resources such as trackers, new content lists and provisional publishing schedules.
- Carrying out research to the extent that legal knowledge is not needed.
- Helping identify content in need of periodic review and ensuring that the review process takes place, liaising where appropriate with colleagues and external contributors.
- With support and supervision from colleagues, responding to queries from customers and providing support to others to ensure that questions are answered and published appropriately.
- Assisting with organsation of customer, training, networking and other events.
- Assisting with the management of internal process and general administrative duties and helping to identify opportunities for processes to be carried out more efficiently.
- Helping collate business intelligence data reports and other reports and spreadsheets.
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Excellent proof-reading skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- Fast and accurate keyboard skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficiency in online searching.
- Experienced in and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experienced in working to deadlines and able to prioritise and manage own workload.
- Experienced in assimilating and applying new complex information.
- Experienced in working well under pressure to meet deadlines.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience working in a Legal/Publishing environment.
- Previous experience using technology to create and disseminate online content.
- Knowledge of or some training in law.
Undergraduate Degree (2:1 or above).