I am recruiting for an Education Administrator based a short drive from Birmingham Airport, working for one of the largest distance learning colleges in the UK. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a company that ensures their staff are well trained and looked after and they are offering a salary of up to £19000 and a fantastic benefits package.
You will be part of the academic team offering administrative support to the Quality Assurance Manager and Academic Development Manager. You will be responsible for a variety of tasks and duties which will include dealing with non-complex queries from the college's tutors, uploading documents and course material on systems, arranging assessment days for students with awarding bodies and education centres and inputting students details onto various systems to name just a few.
You will need to have previous administration experience, be very organised, able to spin multiple plates, have exceptional attention to detail and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
You will be joining a multiple award winning business that is one of the leading and largest home based distance learning colleges in the UK; offering over 500 award winning courses which include A-Levels, GCSE's, Beauty Therapy, Accounting and Bookkeeping, Childcare, Computers and IT to name just a few. You would be working for a sociable and friendly company who are helping others better themselves.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Communicating with customers via phone and email
- Ensure students have access to relevant systems and course materials
- Liaising with students and arranging and booking practical assessment days
- Booking and administration of A level and GCSE exam and practical sessions
- Register students details with awarding bodies
- Upload academic documentation and course material in various ways (systems, hard copies etc.)
- Dealing with non-complex tutor queries
- Reviewing feedback forms/systems and monitoring tutor performance
- Undertaking course pre-enrolment interviews, ensuring students have the required level of academic background required for certain courses/qualifications
- Track and encourage student progression, ensuring any difficulties they may be having are escalated
- Process student certificates upon successful completion of courses
- Assisting with tutor recruitment and induction
- Supporting and assisting the quality assurance and course development managers with the implementation and delivery of new courses
- Supporting and assisting the Academic function with preparation for internal quality assurance activities
- Have a full driving license and access to your own vehicle due to the location is essential
- 2+ years' experience within an office based administrative role or a recent graduate looking for progression within an administrative position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confident and professional telephone manner
- Highly organised with the ability to multitask and prioritise
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A solid understanding of Microsoft Office packages including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Strong self-motivation, with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Experience/knowledge of working in an educational environment would be beneficial but certainly not essential
- Stable work history, be able to explain reasons for leaving previous positions
- Punctual, reliable and a team player
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE PERSON SPECIFICATION ABOVE INCLUDING BEING A DRIVER AND ARE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE THIS VIA YOUR CV AND AN INTERVIEW***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Up to £19000 basic salary dependant on experience
- 37.5 hours Monday - Friday working week (8.30-5.00)
- 30 days holiday including all Bank Holidays off
- An extra day off for your birthday - every year!
- Free Car Parking
- Subsidised BUPA insurance
- Sociable on site staff room with modern facilities and utilities
- Subsidised childcare based close to the office
- Access to shedloads of award ceremonies!
- Opportunity to study one of the courses for free!
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE? THEN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Please send your CV and call Adam or Charlie on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your CV has not been selected on this occasion***