I am recruiting for an Education Assessment Officer for a University based on the outskirts of Birmingham, they are offering a salary of circa £22500 and the COVID-19 pandemic is not stopping them from growing their team!
As the Assessment Officer you will be working very closely with both the academic staff and the students; you will be an integral part in the coordination and planning of the student's assessments and assignments taking place both on and off campus.
Key duties will include setting assessment timetables with lecturing staff and ensuring students know when these are, coordinating the assignment submission process and ensuring they are submitted on time, ensuring the accurate entry of data including the recording of student assessment and assignment marks, take responsibility for making sure student records are complete and in compliance with GDPR standards and offering administrative support to internal and external stakeholders such as HR, academic teams and examining boards.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Working with the academic staff, coordinate the assessment and assignment submission timetable
- Ensure that all lecturers have access to the appropriate marking information for their taught modules
- Produce relevant reports for colleagues on assessment matters
- Collect, input and maintain accurate student data and produce management information as necessary
- Support students in understanding the assignment submission process and expectations, accessing their results, and navigating academic processes
- Distribution of relevant information to students relating to the assessment and assignment cycle
- Make yourself available at the Universities Student Help Desk to answer general queries from the students
- Prepare and, when necessary, present student files to Examining Boards
- Provide high quality administrative support to Examining Boards
- Comfortable in completing a DBS security check
- Experience within an admin support and coordination fast-paced environment
- Previous experience coordinating assessments within FE/HE would be ideal but not essential
- Good level of understanding of the key requirements of GDPR
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Highly organised with the ability to multitask
- Ability to apply attention to detail
- IT literate including MS Office
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE PERSON SPECIFICATION AND ARE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE THIS VIA YOUR CV AND AN INTERVIEW***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Circa £22500 salary
- Monday-Friday 37 hour working week
- Early finish on a Friday
- 28 days annual leave per year, pro rata (plus 8 bank holidays & 4 additional closure days)
- Attractive pension
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
Please send your cv and call Adam on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***