I am recruiting for an Education Assessment Officer for a University based on the outskirts of Birmingham, they are offering a salary of circa £22500.
As the Assessment Officer, you will be coordinating assessments for students at the University; duties will include setting assessment timetables with lecturing staff, coordinating the assignment submission process, data management for all assignment marks ensuring the accurate entry of data and ensuring student records are complete, correct, and in compliance with GDPR standards.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Coordinate the assessment submission timetable
- Support students in order to ensure they have complete and accurate information regarding their assignment expectations, submission processes, credit retrieval, progression and graduation
- Make yourself available at the Universities Student Help Desk to answer general queries from the students
- Ensure that all lecturers have access to the appropriate marking information for their taught modules
- Collect, input and maintain accurate student data and produce management information as necessary
- Prepare and, when necessary, present student files at Examining Boards
- Provide high quality administrative support to Examining Boards
- Producing relevant reports for colleagues on assessment matters
- Distribution of relevant information to students relating to the assessment cycle
- Comfortable in completing a DBS security check
- Previous experience in coordinating administrative responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience coordinating assessments within FE/HE would be ideal but not essential
- Good level of understanding of the key requirements of GDPR
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to apply attention to detail
- IT literate including MS Office
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE PERSON SPECIFICATION AND ARE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE THIS VIA YOUR CV AND AN INTERVIEW***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Circa £22500 salary
- Monday-Friday 37 hour working week
- Early finish on a Friday
- 28 days annual leave per year, pro rata (plus 8 bank holidays & 4 additional closure days)
- Attractive pension
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
Please send your cv and call Adam or Charlie on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***