A leading energy conservation solution company specializing in energy and cost reduction technologies for
commercial, industrial and retail businesses in both the private and public sectors is seeking an
The successful candidate will have proven skills in controls engineering
and integration (preferably in the air conditioning and/or refrigeration sectors). He/she will be a
qualified electrician with relative experience.
The primary focus of this role is to assist the successful 'turn key' deployment of Company's
technology where the Company has made a direct sale to end users in the UK.
The business has a well-established record with major organizations, has an international
standing and delivers a comprehensive solution to reduce energy usage.
Overall scope and purpose:
* 'On tools' deployment of the Company's control and metering technologies
* Provide technical support to direct sale Corporate Clients and Distributors in the UK. Travel will
be at the level of up to 80%
* Work under the direction of the UK Operations Manager to provide appropriate and timely
technical support of the Company's product.
* Be an active team member to liaise within the Group on technical issues.
Position objectives and scope:
* Establish a working rapport with existing corporate sales and engineer teams, Customers and
Distributors to engender inclusive team working.
* Appreciate their strengths and, with the agreement of the Business Development Team, provide
appropriate technical support.
* Help develop the Group values and ethos.
Responsible to: TBC
* Able to quickly establish personal credibility with Distributors and Engineers (both Distributors
* Good knowledge of control systems
* Have good computer skills.
* Gravitas - can quickly establish presence and situational authority.
* Professional - project a consistent professional image of the Company at all times
* Creativity - can be flexible to new ideas and able to be a constructive member of the team.
* Customer focus - is dedicated to transferring technical knowledge to and via Distributors; acts
with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and
gains their trust and respect.
* Logical thinker - able to tackle challenges at component level.
* Relationships - able to establish and maintain successful working relationships with customers,
customers staff at all levels
* Quickly learn, understand and apply techniques of the Company's products
Education and experience:
* Minimum of five years experience of a technical role within controls industry, (preferably within
the refrigeration or air conditioning environments but not essential)
* Likely to be an electrical engineering graduate, with controls experience
* Able to provide technical advice to meet the standards of and equivalent to the UK 18th Edition,
provide advice on 415v systems.
* be self motivated, disciplined and use own initiative
* be able to work on own with minimal supervision
* be a good communicator
* be flexible in changes to schedules and duties
* Appreciate the issues facing installation engineers involved in the installation of control
equipment in individual customers sites.
* Advise on fault diagnosis
* Advise installation/service staff on QC checks of installations by sub-contractors
* Advise on the correction of issues able to be dealt with in the field
* Provide technical support of International distributors (training / support / advice). This will
require occasional international travel
* Able to travel in without restriction.
* Fully appreciative of the value of excellent customer service to the business, and able to
consistently provide it.
* Able to show high levels of self-motivation and ability to work alone
* Full / Clean driving license
* Minimum Level 3 in Electrical Installation
* Minimum 18th edition qualified
* ECS Card holder- Electrical Certification Scheme
Please apply today if this roles ounds of interest or call Lisa on 07841 007173