Brook Street are currently working on behalf of our one of a kind Games client to recruit an Embedded Tester.
This is a contract role to start ASAP for 18 months.
The salary offered is up to £26,000 per annum (depending on experience).
The role will be based remotely to begin and so we ask that any applicants have sufficient broadband/fibre infrastructure at home, to transfer several GigaBytes of data each working day.
Once our client's studio reopens in Atherstone there will likely be a requirement to work regularly onsite.
This fundamental position is part of an exciting new range of roles to strengthen our client's current team and prepare for the future. As an Embedded Tester, you will be working on the development team of the new and exciting world of our client's new magical game.
Our client is a one-of-a-kind game studio where they create the kind of games the world doesn't have, games that are unique!! Working here offers opportunities unlike anywhere else. You'll be providing players with unforgettable shared experiences in games loved by millions worldwide.
Our client does not have a separate Test Organisation, but instead, a small quality-focussed group who work within their dynamic and diverse multi-disciplinary development team. Known as 'Embedded Testers' they are as much a part of their development team as everyone else, with a goal to ensure that new features are designed and delivered to high quality with low risk.
This Embedded Test role is a core level one in an exciting new range of roles that we will be hiring for to strengthen our client's current team and prepare for the future.
You will be self-organised but will work collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary development team around you and represent our client's customers within development.
You will assist in the planning, guidance and sign-off of new features and suggest relevant test cases or automation where appropriate.
You will not "consume builds" but instead evaluate upcoming features based on change, technical complexity, risk, schedule and resources, focussing your effort to ensure features under your ownership are delivered to plan.
You will analyse developer updates and understand design goals.
Can you define a design change that reduces the risk/complexity of delivery? Can you propose a tool or test automation change to optimise team workflow? Have you experience with emergent open-world games? Will you evangelise quality best-practice throughout development whilst being sympathetic to wider project requirements?
You will have access to a range of challenges that will test and broaden your experience whilst being part of a team of friendly, highly talented developers who like nothing better than sharing their own challenges and their experiences with you.
- Assisting in the planning, building and delivery of new features, highlighting areas of risk or test complexity and proposing mitigations or solutions to optimise the development process and ensure our players enjoy a great experience.
- Promoting test and quality within development and actively seeking out tasks that would benefit from test input.
- Ensuring Test processes allow the development team to iterate locally, rapidly and securely; finding issues close to creation.
- You will be "improving our client's games and also improving the process for making them".
- Providing a positive and professional attitude under pressure, demonstrating integrity and being a role model for others.
- Demonstrable experience in agile game development teams with at least 2 products shipped. We are not just looking for people with a Test background; If you have experience as an Engineer or Producer then we would consider your application. This role involves self-organisation, ownership and drive.
- You have experience working with bug tracking solutions (preferably Azure DevOps).
- Some working familiarity with Unreal Engine and Blueprint.
- Previous experience working on a service or other online multiplayer title beneficial, as is having worked closely with a cross-discipline development team.
- You are passionate but level-headed, self-motivated, articulate, organised, a collaborative team player, investigative, committed to self-improvement. You can discuss the game development processes you have experienced with confidence and how you have influenced them.
- Experience working within a development team, and close to other disciplines such as Engineering or Design is beneficial.
- Bonus: ISEB/ISTQB qualified.
Deadline for applications: Monday 15th March 2021