Brook Street are currently working on behalf of our global IT client to recruit a Procurement Sourcing Manager.
This is a contract role to start mid-June for 9 months initially.
The salary is negotiable.
The role will be based remotely to begin with but will likely require some onsite presence at our client's Reading offices once restrictions ease.
Come join a world class strategic sourcing team surrounded by a diverse array of peers from various industries and backgrounds where you'll unlock opportunities in our client's procurement of indirect services across professional, marketing, and technical services categories. The most successful strategic sourcing managers demonstrate their leadership essentials as master orchestrators of virtual business teams and are exceptionally curious to listen, analyze, engage, and advise internal business stakeholders, strategic suppliers, and peers. As a result, our client's sourcing managers drive consistency, leverage economies of scale, and deliver sourcing projects and strategies that enable our client to run on trust, drive innovation, cost efficiencies and exceed quality and speed expectations.
Your role will focus not only on building project and business sourcing strategies, but also on executing them through virtual teams by standard processes and templates to enhance our client's mission. You will leverage your background, expertise, customer obsession and innovation mindset to deliver success.
How you will make a difference
Leadership and execution:
- Lead sourcing engagement with our client's stakeholders from project kick-off through business case approvals, while ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction, savings results and relevant return on our client's investment.
- Deliver and publish strong business case and project management milestones within the standard sourcing process at our client.
- Deliver sourcing project portfolio aligning to relevant sourcing plans of record and our business and Procurement metrics (e.g., return on investment, savings, schedule).
- Maintain a regular working partnership cadence with Procurement colleagues who support and partner directly with our client's business stakeholders. You'll help drive alignment of business requirements, economic opportunity areas, mutual accountability to Microsoft stakeholders for sourcing execution and overall improvement to business metrics through procurement activities.
- Liaison with key corporate stakeholders to successfully execute program and sourcing requirements (e.g., legal, finance, operations, etc..).
- Our client runs on trust. You'll help ensure compliance across our supplier base through supply base governance, execution of standard sourcing process as well as leveraging digital transformation to enhance both compliance and business outcomes.
What we're looking for:
- Strong growth mindset. You're seeking to solve for difficult business challenges together
- Proven ability to lead, build trust and be highly credible across levels of organizations
- Mechanical and electrical services as well as hardware sourcing/contracting experience. Datacenter sourcing experience is a plus. Ability to make confident recommendations to executive, business decision makers
- Execute sourcing within the contracting lifecycle to include multiple project types such as strategic sourcing, quick-turn sourcing/negotiations, and contract re-development/negotiations
- Deal Orchestrator - lead teams to maximize business and cost-side opportunities. Proven and observed cross-functional team facilitation experience. Lead and drive the sourcing cycle leveraging learnings and expertise to accelerate and win deal
- Established knowledge (and observed application) of best practice sourcing methodologies including strategic sourcing, supplier strategy and contract negotiations
- Robust project management skills as applied to the sourcing process that align to exceeding schedule and scope expectations for our client's stakeholders
- Ability to be methodically decisive in the face of ambiguity
- Strategic focus with the ability to analyze, formulate, and implement procurement strategies to significantly increase productivity and reduce costs for a global business
- BS/BA degree plus minimum (6) years business experience in the field of procurement, strategic sourcing and/or contract management preferred
- Mechanical and electrical services as well as hardware sourcing/contracting experience within a datacenter environment.
- Proven cross-functional team facilitation experience required
- Experience working successfully with international businesses and understanding the intricacies and nuances of various cultures and countries
- Analytical and strategic problem-solving capabilities in finance and business subjects
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Flexibility to work across different time zones
Our client has placed particular emphasis on the following requirements;
- Project management
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 12th May 9am (although please submit your application asap)