*** Long term Temporary - Emergency Call Handler ***
Are you a confident individual who remains calm and thrives off working under pressure? Do you have an excellent geographical knowledge of the Bedford area? Are you enthusiastic and have a great willingness to learn new skills?
If YES then I have the role for you.
I am currently recruiting for Emergency Call Handlers within the Bedford Area. The day to day role will consist of taking back to back inbound calls and dealing with the situations that arise.
Pay: £9.09 per hours
Hours: 6am-6pm or 6pm-6am (Monday - Sunday) To be discussed at Interview Stage which shift preferred.
Essential Person Specification
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above (or an equivalent qualification) including English
- Great geographical knowledge of the Bedford area.
- Use of Information Technology such as windows-based systems
- Use of Information Communication Technology such as telephony, email, fax
- Commitment and loyalty to Trust
- High standards of personal professionalism
- Determination to meet targets
- Ability to judge priorities when dealing with emergency situations
- Willingness to learn
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Work in an environment where decisions are based upon an ever-changing set of disparate circumstances
- Work on own initiative
- Prioritise and undertake numerous tasks simultaneously
- Remain calm under pressure
- Work as part of a high-performance team
- The ability to take and record information accurately
- Empathy and compassion
- The ability to manage and support others during times of crisis - most commonly during an emergency call
- Flexibility to work rota hours and additional hours as required
Desirable Person Specification
- First Aid/First Person On Scene qualification
- Computer applications user qualification
- Driving licence
- Experience of call centre environment
- Understanding of medical terminology
- Customer service experience
- An understanding of how bereavement and stress affects individuals behaviour