Job Title Employee Communications Content and Channel Manager
Brook Street is currently working on behalf of our Global IT Client to recruit a Employee Communications Content and Channel Manager .
This is a contract role based in Reading until 30th June 2020
As a Brook Street contractor you will be entitled to 25 days holiday per annum, 8 days paid Bank Holidays pro rota, discounted gym membership, use of the onsite health facility, access to online learning and training, free parking and an excellent subsidised restaurant.
Salary: £47,600 plus 5% and of contract bonus depending on experience
The UK PR & comms team provides strategic communications advice to the business, building and protecting our brand and reputation by influencing the external and internal narrative about Microsoft and its role in the UK. We work across many communications channels including traditional and digital media, our owned channels, social media, word of mouth and direct engagement with customers, partners and employees as appropriate.
This is an important role focused on managing content across key internal channels and overseeing the channels themselves to deliver comms impact. Reporting to the Head of UK Employee Communications and working alongside the Employee Communications Programme Manager, this role is specifically designed to bring rigour to the management of our communications channels as well as the sharing of content across the broad mix of internal channels.
* To manage employee comms content planning and implementation across all internal channels within organisation
* Represent employee comms at weekly editorial reviews to create/curate internal comms content
* Proactively research/recommend new approaches, comms tactics or channels to improve engagement and the employee experience
* Regular measurement/insight on internal comms channels, activities and events to gauge impact and drive engagement
* Provide best practice counsel and advocate on employee comms within Microsoft UK
* Acting as point of contact for external communication partners or agencies, e.g. PoliteMail
Key responsibilities include:
* Management of UK employee comms calendar, UK SharePoint, internal space booking, internal branding, digital screens, employee comms email inbox and of select communications programmes, processes, and tactics in support of Microsoft`s internal communications goals in the UK
* Coordination, production and distribution of weekly internal mailer
* Front line management of inbound employee comms queries, listening across key channels to identify topics/issues requiring communications response
* Working as part of v-team to deliver key internal events eg UK town halls, all hands and kick off events
* Consistent management, delivery and execution of key communications initiatives and processes to positively impact and advance our UK`s communications goals
The ideal candidate will have well-developed project and internal communications channel management skills with the ability to take responsibility for delivering comms initiatives that meet our company objectives. Self-starting, able to manage multiple programmes and work effectively as part of a changing and diverse v-team are key attributes required for this role.
Deadline for CV submission: Wednesday 3rd July at 12pm