Engagement Team Manager (Sales Manager) - £35k
Brook Street are very happy to be working with as one of the largest and most trusted apprenticeship training providers in Hampshire with a proven track record spanning 44 years.
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and confident person to lead their Employer and Learner Engagement Team who are responsible for contacting employers to place Apprentices and offer other training opportunities. A key responsibility will be identifying new business opportunities and the generation of new business. This includes engaging with schools and referral agencies and event attendance to raise the profile of the company's service in order to attract increased numbers of young people wanting to join.
About the job:
The Engagement Team Manager is responsible for engaging with employers to promote our client and their products and services but in particular to source apprenticeship vacancies and work experience placements. Event attendance and participation or presentation at business to business events is an integral part of the job as is converting employers' existing staff to apprentices. The sourcing of vacancies and the starts of Apprenticeships must, as a minimum, be in keeping with both budget and contracted learner profiles.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- To establish sales strategies to develop the number of Employers who require apprenticeships. Build account strategies for local schools and establish an effective pipeline of future apprentices.
- Lead and supervise the day-to-day activities and staff of the Engagement Team, ensuring the team are working effectively and efficiently adhering to working practices.
- Provide a professional customer centric and responsive service to employers, learners, schools and other stakeholders by providing appropriate information advice and guidance on all aspects of the services and products on offer.
- Responsible for engaging employers to meet sales targets, including;
- Pro-actively identifying, developing and securing Apprenticeship vacancies with employers for existing and new staff
- Identifying and working geographical areas to generate new business opportunities
- Maintain up to date and accurate business records of all activities by utilising the central database (enquiry).
- Provide an excellent standard of service to employers as the main contact point throughout the recruitment process.
- In conjunction with the Administrator ensure all vacancies are launched, promoted and administered in line with company procedures to ensure maximum responses are achieved.
- Take the lead in managing/co-ordinating external business to business events specifically in relation to Apprenticeship recruitment.
- To be responsible for representing the company at events such as schools, business to business, open days and exhibitions as required.
- Build partnerships with other stakeholders such as LEP, EBP, Portsmouth and Southampton Council etc.
Who's right for the job?
The job holder will enjoy a considerable degree of freedom to further grow and develop the department. Our client is therefore seeking someone with proven management and leadership skills, a good understanding of apprenticeships and sales strategies and, an ability to communicate at all levels. In addition, you will be highly enthusiastic, self-motivated and a results driven individual, prepared to generate new business opportunities and hungry to achieve our company goals.
Essential requirements for this role:
- Experience of and Competence in leading and managing people
- Good understanding of apprenticeships, sales strategies, planning and design
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal
- Professional image and presentation skills
- Experience of working with young people
- Full driving licence and use of own car
Desirable requirements for this role:
- Good understanding of apprenticeship standards and frameworks
- Good business acumen
What's in it for you?
In return for your hard work our client offers the opportunity of a permanent role and a competitive salary of between circa £35,000 per annum, depending on experience. The hours will be 37.5 per week (Monday - Friday, 8.30am to 5pm including an hour for lunch). In addition you will receive free on-site parking, 26 days holiday + bank holidays (rising with time served), 4x salary life assurance, company pension plan, childcare voucher schemes and excellent training and development programmes.
Local travel is involved so a car is necessary for which a business travel allowance will be paid (currently at 45p per mile).
Let's get started!
This role is available for a start as soon as possible from June onwards and initial interviews will be arranged as soon as possible and to be held on week commencing 3rd June 2019.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful applicant will be requested to undertake a DBS (formerly CRB) check.
If you are interested in the role please apply via the advert or contact Ben Grice at Brook Street on 02380 224139 or send your CV to Ben.Grice (at) brookstreet.co.uk.