Engagement Officer - £24k to £26k DOE
Brook Street are very happy to be working with as one of the largest and most trusted apprenticeship training providers in Hampshire with a proven track record spanning 44 years.
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and confident person responsible for contacting employers to place Apprentices and offer other training opportunities. You will also be responsible for the recruitment of learners to our client's Apprenticeship, Traineeship and full time courses. A key responsibility will be identifying new business opportunities and the generation of new business.
This includes engaging with schools and referral agencies and event attendance to raise the profile of the company's service in order to attract increased numbers of young people wanting to join.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- To be responsible for engaging employers to meet sales targets.
- To provide an excellent standard of service to employers as the main contact point throughout the recruitment process.
- To be responsible for sourcing sufficient volumes of the right quality of applicants to ensure successful filling of vacancies to meet both income and retention KPIs.
- To be responsible for matching suitable candidates to vacancies both employer and the company's Programme.
- To provide a professional and responsive service to employers, learners, schools and other stakeholders by providing appropriate information advice and guidance on all aspects of the company's programme.
You will have the ability to achieve great sales and project a positive impression through telephone and face to face communication listening to customers' needs and using your initiative to spot opportunities to sell them the most appropriate products or services. You will have a good sales background, ideally with some experience in the ICT, Education or Recruitment sector.
Applicants must be team players with a can-do attitude, be able to relate to, understand and interact with young people in order to engage with them to promote the benefits of undertaking an apprenticeship.
Essential requirements for this role:
- Experience within a Sales/Recruitment Environment
- Possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Have a proven track record selling services to customers
- Have experience of working with young people
- Be flexible in working hours, venues of working as some evening attendance may be required
- Enhanced DBS Clearance which is satisfactory to the organisation (conducted by the company)
- Have an awareness of issues relating to safeguarding the welfare of young people
- Full current Driving Licence and car
Desirable requirements for this role:
- Have an enthusiasm for raising the aspirations of young people
- Have an up-to-date knowledge and recent experience of apprenticeships and training opportunities
- Be able to demonstrate organisational skills and administrative ability
- Be skilled in contributing to the organisation a range of career events and supporting educational activities
- Evidence of experience of working on own initiative and in a pro-active manner
- Be competent in the use of ICT
Due to the nature of this role, the successful applicant will be requested to undertake a DBS (formerly CRB) check. Local travel is involved so a car is necessary for which an allowance will be paid.
Our client is looking to hold interviews immediately with a start as soon as possible.
To send your CV please apply via the advert or directly on Brook Street's website. For more information please contact Ben G at Brook Street on 02380 224139 or apply to send your CV.