Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to join a public sector client on a temporary basis?
We've got a great opportunity for a Summer Assistant role within the Environment Agency Wessex based Sampling and Collection Team. This is a post available from May - end of October 2019. These dates are flexible and can be arranged around University term dates, if you are a student. Weekend/bank holiday cover/work is required. It is very important that the candidate is a confident swimmer and happy to be in the sea.
The Sampling and Collection Team are responsible for the collection of samples for the revised Bathing Water Directive, the Water Framework Directive and other statutory requirements. We deliver work across a range of disciplines including Chemical, Ecology, Fisheries and Groundwater.
The samples we collect provide key data for other teams within the wider business in the Wessex area. These data provide evidence for the investigation of failing bathing waters, help to provide data for compliance under the Environmental Permitting Regulations for discharges as well as providing core data for reporting and investigations.
The successful candidate will help us to deliver our bathing water-sampling programme, assist in fisheries monitoring surveys and potentially undertake water quality and ecological sampling. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate that they can meet the following criteria:
* Be physically fit, enjoy working outside in all weathers and be confident in water
* Work on your own most of the time but also work as part of a team
* Manage your own time and workload effectively
* Provide some office support so be confident in the use of Microsoft Office products
* Pay close attention to detail/check results
* Understand the importance of a health and safety culture
* Ambition to work in the environmental field.
* Reliable and motivated
* Excellent communication skills
* Clean/full UK driving license
* Able to swim
If you're looking for a bespoke opportunity within the public sector in Blandford then we want to talk to you.