Equality and Diversity Officer
We are working alongside an educational college who are seeking an Equality and Diversity Officer to join their team in oxford.
This role is a full-time temporary role for 3 months paying £15.31p/h.
- Take the lead in designing and delivering new initiatives designed to promote equality and diversity in the Faculty, such as the promotion of mentoring schemes and networks, social events to promote an inclusive culture, the organisation of high-profile events; and other equality and diversity-related projects.
- Administer focus groups with staff and students to ascertain progress on equality and diversity and any on-going problems.
- Write reports, summarise information and deal with some complexity of interpretation of data and survey responses to help ascertain our progress to date.
- Become familiar with internal and external resources relating to equality and diversity (e.g. networks and support groups)
Essential selection criteria
- Ability to compile and manage on-line surveys, and the analysis of administrative data on staff and students.
- Ability to learn quickly and assimilate complex information.
- Competence at dealing with issues of gender and other issues requiring sensitivity.
- Ability to understand, manipulate, analyse and visualise data.
- Ability to distinguish between quantitative and qualitative analysis and experience of using both in a workplace environment.
- Ability to manage own workload, working accurately and efficiently to fixed deadlines with minimal supervision, and to prioritise a range of competing demands while maintaining attention to detail.
- A willingness to acquire and maintain up-to-date knowledge of legislation and policies in the area of equality and diversity.
Desirable selection criteria
- Experience of dealing with complex programmes that require the implementation of an action plan in settings where subtlety and negotiation skills are required, and where many different viewpoints need to be assessed.
- Having undertaken Information Security training, experience of handling sensitive personal data and an understanding of the application of GDPR in the handling of such data.
If you are interested, please can you call Lewis Smith at Brook Street 01235 706100. Thank you!