Event Planner - London
Contract is 18 months
Brook Street is currently working on behalf of our Global IT Client to recruit an Event Planner working in Global Operations. This is a contract role based in London Paddington for 18 months.
As a Brook Street contractor you will be entitled to 25 days holiday per annum, 8 days paid Bank Holidays pro rota.
Salary: up to £47,600 per annum, based on experience, plus benefits
My Clients team are looking for an experienced, passionate and collaborative Event Planner to provide operational event support for their London space. In collaboration with the London Program Manager and our worldwide team, this individual will plan and deliver events for both internal and external users and oversee the day-to-day execution of events.
Event Planner's Responsibilities:
- Pre-planning and executing event logistics (including working with event owners on set-up specifications, catering and any additional needs).
- Managing relationships with external communities and develop curated events and partnerships.
- Managing event coordinators, supporting events, especially when we have multiple things happening at any one time.
- Driving for results - working closely with the Program Manager, you will have broad responsibility ranging from strategic thinking to tactical planning for local operations and execution.
- Planning, Organising, and Executing - you should enjoy and be effective while running multiple work streams with different cadences and stakeholders.
Event Planner's Requirements:
- A demonstrated interest in technology, start ups, and corporate innovation (at least 2 years experience)
- Ability to work flexibly - some events make take place in the evening or at weekends, flexibility of hours is required
- Thorough understanding of project/program/event management techniques and methods
- BSc/BA diploma in management or a relevant field (MSc/MA is a plus).
- Team player with great interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented, fast learner, independent and a natural problem solver
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Strong leadership and organisational skills and excellent communication skills
Deadline for CV submission: Wednesday 31st July at 4:00pm