Role Purpose/ Summary:
You will be part of an operations team responsible for our Legal event portfolio. This includes sponsored external events and hosted conferences. Responsibilities will be wide ranging and encompass venue booking, supplier negotiations, event management, customer relations, delegate retention as well as sponsorship liaison and on-the-day logistics. Budget management will also come within your remit.
Owning a particular project series, you will be the key contact for our sponsors and partners. Working closely with internal stakeholders you will seamlessly manage the end-to-end events process. Through your focus on pre, on-the-day and post-event management, and with a keen eye on the revenue number, you will work alongside the event content producers, sales and marketing teams.
Metrics of your success will focus on delivering best-in-class customer experience across all events for external and internal stakeholders, as well as having a commercial mindset and delivering from both a revenue and cost perspective.
Major Responsibilities / Accountability:
- Building and sustaining strong relationships with external suppliers to ensure best service and rates
- Venue negotiation and hire
- Attend the conferences for on-site management and to ensure we deliver an event of the highest quality
- Manage on-site logistics - including set up (may include early starts and late finishes), badges, catering, external suppliers etc to ensure smooth running of the events
- Provide support to other team members during busy periods to achieve deadlines
- Ensure your deliverables demonstrate value, the budgeted return on investment, meet our costomer's requirements our quality standards, including brand guidelines
- Be informed of best practice across the officend externally
- Managing all delegate bookings & enquiries, ensuring best-in-class service
- Taking ownership and being the lead point of contact for assigned events from pre to post-event by managing product set up and strengthening relationships with internal stakeholders
- Provide dedicated logistical support for our sponsors
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
- Highly customer focused and results driven
- Proven experience of delivering high quality conferences
- Excellent project management skills and proven track record of managing several projects simultaneously
- Strong negotiation skills & effective management of costs and budgets
- Ability to trouble-shoot and be resourceful during busy periods, particularly on-site when we receive high number of enquiries/requests
- Resilient, adaptable and able to work under pressure
- Proven ability to collaborate across multiple functions/organisations and influence at all levels
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
- Proven ability in building and leveraging from a wide network of contacts
- Highly motivated and detail orientated.
- Self-driven, robust, dynamic and energetic with the ability to work both individually and as part of a high-performing team