Are you a strong communicator? Do you enjoy building business relationships over the phone? Then this opportunity might be great for you.
Our client produces high level conferences for the Life Science, Pharmaceutical and Technology sectors. As the business is growing, they have an office-based position available where you will be selling places for their conferences, over the phone, to senior level industry and academic decision makers. This role is a great entry level role for someone looking to start or further their career in customer service or the conference industry.
You will have the opportunity to work for a fast-growing life science conference company, building networks across the world's best research organisations and pharmaceutical companies. you will be working in an exciting environment, with a competitive commission package, bonus on reached targets and an uncapped OTE. As an entry-level role, this position comes with full training and mentoring for the first 4 months. You will receive a basic and commission/bonus, £21,000 and rising in future years.
Your key duties will include;
- Selling delegate places at life science conferences taking place in Europe and the USA.
- Conducting thorough research to source new leads relevant to each event.
- Effectively contacting all key prospects by telephone.
- Database management.
- Ability to manage basic negotiations, handle objections and close sales.
- International travel, as required (to attend conferences).
- You will have good communication skills and a confident telephone approach.
- Previous telephone sales experience would be desirable.
- You have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- You are confident in dealing with senior level contacts.
- You are positive, enthusiastic, outgoing and determined to succeed.
- You are articulate in written and spoken English (though English as a first language is not a requirement).
- Willing to learn and develop.
If you are interested then please apply with you CV or call our Abingdon Branch at 01235 706100 to talk more about the role.