Want to work for an excellent company who invests their time into you??
Brook Street Recruitment Agency are looking for an Events and Consultation officer based within Cambourne/Guildhall/Home area to work for 6 months alongside the Communications Service Manager as part of the corporate communications team to deliver media relations, public relations, event management, publications, social media monitoring and content, branding advice and internal communications to support the promotion and delivery of the council's overall corporate objectives and priorities.
This role is at the centre of the Council and has a high impact on the services and district it serves. The post involves the ability to clearly understand all aspects of the Council's business and to be able to translate often complicated issues into understandable formats.
Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Salary: £11.00 per hour equivalent to £22,800 per annum
You would ideally need:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Digitally confident with learning new software
- Strong organisational skills
- Be able to work independently and use initiative (proactive do-er)
- Creative thinking to assist in problem solving with logistical challenges
- Strong attention to detail
What experience do you need to be successful in this role?
- Project management/event management
- Writing for public audiences e.g. social media, news releases, articles, presentations
- Desirable but not essential: social research, marketing, consultation or engagement experience.
- Desirable but not essential: working within a large organisation liaising with multiple teams.
- Must be fully conversant with MS Office, experience with Adobe Creative Suite would be an advantage.
If this position sounds like you, please either apply now or give Clare a call on 07483458787 if you wish to know more.
We will respond to all applications within 1 working day.