MUST HAVE FULL CLEAN LICENCE MIN 2 YEARS+
MUST BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AND STAY AWAY FROM HOME AS THIS ROLE IS NATIONAL - SEE BELOW
IDEALLY COME FROM EVENTS/MARKETING/SALES BACKGROUND
VERY CONFIDENT TO PRESENT TO LARGE GROUPS SALES PEOPLE
LIVE WITHIN 1 HOUR SW15
2) Report to: Client Service Manager and Client Service Director
3) Purpose of job
This SPIF team will work under the leadership of our existing Lenovo Client Service Manager,
helping to run 16-20 fun SPIF roadshow days a quarter.
A SPIF day (Sales Performance Incentive Fund) is an incentive day organised by a vendor to
encourage sales representatives to sell their products within a specific timeframe. Delivered in
a fun, engaging, interactive format (typically giant classic arcade games) at multiple office
locations across the company. The SPIF days are all about getting the employees of the
Business Partners of Lenovo to increase their sales of Lenovo products by running these
Although SPIF days are about driving sales, they achieve this by being fun, offering an
interactive gaming experience with the chance to win prizes and offering a lunch themed to
the SPIF day. Obviously the more they sell, the more chance they get to win prizes. For
examples of previous SPIF days see:
The role will involve time away from home, driving a van, overnight stays early and late nights
with all expenses paid. Typically, the roadshow lasts for a 6-8week period and involves approx.
16-20 actual SPIF days, months followed by an off month. (The off months are spent in our
Putney office planning for the next 2-month roadshow)
4) Key Tasks/Roles
- Happy client. To ensure the SPIF days are delivered to the client's satisfaction, on schedule
and achieve the required sales uplift. This will involve motivating teams on the floor and
managing the day on site.
- Operate. Help run the SPIF days by being organised, a presenter, encouraging participation
and sales and doing your part to make sure players are clear on game rules, are having fun
and are incentivised. Keeping accurate record of sales figures for the day.
- Set up and pack up. Unload/load the van, set up the stand, arrange lunches, tidy up. (Items
can be heavy and bulky).
- Drive. This role will need someone capable of driving a Transit type van for long trips in bad
weather late at night and early in the morning. They will therefore need to hold a clean, full,
valid driving licence and they will need to have held it for a minimum of 2 years to be
eligible to drive with the van hire company.
- Grow. Take responsibility to help grow and sell more SPIF days when in office.
- Planning. Organise own work schedules and when workloads are too heavy/light.
- Overview. Make sure that everything is in place before leaving to run a sales incentive
- Collateral. Provide a 'second pair of eyes' for proofing purposes and ensure own projects
are counter-proofed by another member of the team before supply to client/printer.
- To develop client relationships at each partner's premise.
5) Other Duties:
- To draft reports using MS Word /PowerPoint/ Excel as necessary and any other support
- Taking pictures for social activity and posting
- Reporting back to the main office and the client
6) Helpful, but not essential:
- An understanding and appreciation of how the channel marketing model works for IT
- In general IT - hardware and software marketing experience
- Social media as a lead generation and engagement environment
7) Personality traits
- An understanding of sales and how to encourage sales.
- Focused with a 'can do' attitude
- Enthusiastic, passionate, reliable and trustworthy
- A person who inspires confidence
- Self-motivated and challenge driven
- Team player
- Have great attention to detail
- Be highly organised and take a logical approach to all tasks and projects
- Ability to multitask and manage conflicting projects
- To ensure a good record of attendance and timekeeping
- Creative and strategic in nature with the ability to think outside the box and articulate
'big ideas' for future SPIF themes