Job Type: Temporary to March 2023
Sector: Public Sector
Hours: 37 hours a week
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Environment Agency's National Environmental Assessment and Sustainability (NEAS) team as Personal Assistant to two Operational Managers. Within this role you will also work closely with the wider leadership team to ensure the smooth running of the team. Your role will involve diary and email management, preparing meetings, action log management, preparing documents, handling enquiries and requests, managing a forward look system and organising and developing a variety of data and information. You will liaise with a wide range of people both internally and externally, and you will be encouraged to be innovative and proactive in your approach, looking for opportunities to do things more efficiently where we can. You will have the ability to carry out a combination of assigned tasks, mostly unsupervised, and will be used to dealing with confidential and sensitive materials and issues. We are a busy and dispersed team so you will need to be able to adapt to changing demands when prioritising your work.
The Team: NEAS comprises approximately 120 people across England. Together we work with internal and external teams, stakeholders, and delivery partners to effectively and efficiently deliver the Environment Agency's portfolio of delivery of major projects and programmes in the most sustainable way.
Experience & Skills Required:
- You'll have experience of giving excellent customer service primarily working as a Personal Assistant or in a similar role.
- You'll be excellent at building and sustaining working relationships as well as working in teams.
- You'll be well organised, able to manage yourself and your own workload effectively whilst working under your own initiative.
- You'll have good written and spoken communication skills and you?ll be able to act as an initial point of contact, communicating and filtering information so it is conveyed accurately, efficiently and in a timely manner.
- You'll possess effective communication skills and be able to build strong networks with other areas, national teams and organisations.
- You'll be able to pick up new IT systems quickly and be competent in using IT services such as Microsoft Office programmes (for example Outlook, Word, Excel etc.).
Previous experience working for the Environment Agency or similar organisation would be advantageous.
This is a national position, location not specific.
A background check and 3 years references will be required.