Executive Secretary / PA - Central Government
Type: Long-term temporary
Salary:£8.48 - £10.60 / hour
Location: central London
Register online at www.brookstreet.co.uk/gov-apply
If you're a highly-skilled Secretary with ambition to work in the public sector, central government needs your expertise and as a chosen recruitment partner, we have been appointed to hire temporary administrative and clerical staff, offering you the ideal opportunity to make ambition a reality.
We're currently looking to recruit a Secretary on behalf of a local government department in central London. This is an ongoing, long-term temporary assignment, and many of these opportunities offer a significant pay increase on completion of 12 weeks in the same department.
- Providing secretarial and administrative support to a single officer or team, your duties will include:
- Typing or word processing correspondence, memos and reports
- Setting up and maintaining files and record systems
- Sorting and reviewing mail (including e-mail), greeting visitors, answering and routing telephone calls, or scheduling appointment
- Operating photocopier, facsimile, or other office equipment as necessary
- Standard benefits of working for central government / wider public sector:
- Pay increase after 12 continuous weeks in the majority of departments
- Potential for long-term or multiple temp assignments once you hold security clearance
- Minimum of 35 days holiday (pro rata) following 12 consecutive weeks in the same department
- Access to a Workplace Pension
Typical qualifications and experience required:
- Stage II RSA Certificate (or equivalent) in typing / word processing
- Minimum speed of 45 / 50 wpm combined with elementary audio typing skills and shorthand (if required) at 90 / 110 wpm
- Experience as a secretary with knowledge of and experience in Microsoft Office
- Good communication skills both oral and written
To apply for this role, or other central government positions, please complete the online registration at www.brookstreet.co.uk/gov-apply
Once submitted, a Brook Street consultant will be in touch.