We are currently seeking a number of Administrators to join our teams working on assignment at the Home Office. You will be assisting with some of the key challenges facing the UK; and will be providing administrative support to help with new workloads. The hourly pay is £12.88, per hour, and you will also receive 34 days paid holiday annually.
These are full time temporary administration roles - hours will be either a 9am start or a 1pm start working 8 hour shifts, to a max of 37 hours per week, will need to be flexible as some weekend work may be required as well.
Candidates will have previous experience of administration work and be computer literate. You will be working with very confidential information, and be able to work to achieve deadlines and targets.
The main duties of the post include (but are not limited to):
- Capturing information and processing data to help with asylum claims
- Following guidelines and procedures to complete mandatory checks
- Ensuring screenings and welfare interviews are completed and accurately recorded . Within the screening or welfare interview, interview, ensuring claimants are respectfully and professionally interviewed in consideration of their needs, irrespective of age, gender, sexual orientation, physical ability, ethnic origin, race or religion probing and investigating as required to elicit all relevant information
- Ensuring additional questions are asked where appropriate
- Ensuring accurate, comprehensive and concise minutes
- Responding appropriately to potential victims of trafficking and age disputes
- Referring all cases to the duty manager to agree next actions
- Identifying applicants with vulnerabilities and signposting these to the safeguarding Team.
- Referring cases to specialist teams
- Completing and serving the associated immigration paperwork to support the asylum registration process, including the Immigration bail process.
- Other administration tasks appropriate to the grade.
Candidates will be required to undergo a government security clearance, and we will need to take references to cover the previous three years.