My Client in London is looking for a proactive and experienced executive assistant to support four members of their senior management team and the wider global team. The scope of the role is fluid and may change over time to suit the business needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support at senior level - in all aspects from full diary management, screening and prioritising requests, keeping senior members briefed for meetings, correspondence on behalf of senior management, maintenance of contacts and distribution lists etc.
- Confident at effectively managing multiple diaries and complicated travel / visa requirements at any given time.
- Comfortable and experienced with organising global video conferences, tele-presence and WebEx meetings, across various time zones.
- Plan and coordinate off-site/on-site meetings/events (i.e. round-tables, town halls, workshops and conferences) including all logistics and operations.
- Arrange all aspects of client lunches, dinners and events.
- Meet and greet visitors on management's behalf.
- Formatting of letters, reports, and PowerPoint presentations - exceptional proofreading skills and a sharp eye for detail, a must.
- Proactive management of global travel including, schedules, visas and accommodation, demonstrating forward thinking and resourcefulness when facing hurdles with logistics.
- Process complicated expense reports, purchase orders and invoices.
- Proxy for senior members in all approval processes e.g. Workday, 170 Invoices, SRM Purchasing and Expenses.
- On-boarding of new employees within the team, including desk allocations, IT equipment, starter pack and introductory meetings.
- Provides back up support to other executive assistants on the team.
- Uses discretion when interacting with senior management, executive assistants and global colleagues, both in and out of the work place, with the ability to adapt to individuals and circumstances using initiative, maintaining decorum at all times.
- Involvement in various special projects and ad hoc duties, as required.
- Experience in supporting multiple senior members in a large, fast paced, diverse and global environment.
- A proactive planner, well organised, efficient and accountable.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate situation needs using initiative, prioritising workload and following through on tasks from start to finish.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and flexibility to adjust priorities last minute, as and when needed.
- A superior communicator; persuasive, clear and concise when interacting with executives and senior members who communicate / write for a living.
- Ability to demonstrate effective teamwork, reach across multiple business units, effectively network, build relationships and get things done.
- Proven sound judgement and decision making skills, always remaining calm under pressure.
- Able to explain difficult concepts and influence without authority. Confident when working with strong personalities.
- Approachable, trustworthy, smart, positive, confident, fun and personable with a high level of personal integrity.
- Utmost discretion when dealing with confidential / sensitive information.
- Adaptable to an ever changing work environment.
- Shows resilience, resourcefulness and tenacity in the face of setbacks. Positive outlook, "can-do" attitude and a strong team player.
- Advanced typing skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications as well as presentation writing is vital, as well as up to date knowledge of conferencing facilities.
- Experience working for an international multimedia news provider, or with journalists, TV, Picture and Text.
- Experience working for a commercial matrix organisation with a fast paced, diverse and ever changing environment.
- Professional qualifications within executive assistance desirable but not necessary.
- Additional language(s) would be a plus.
If you believe you can bring something special to this role, we want to hear from you.
You may have a non-traditional career path, education or background. If you meet the minimum qualifications for the role, let us know in a cover letter with your application.